Buying a WiiU just for earthbound.

#31biggy204Posted 4/17/2013 7:15:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#32link0316Posted 4/17/2013 7:20:56 PM
I salute you TC.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
#33suprsoliderPosted 4/17/2013 11:37:17 PM
1. Many people have played Earthbound and would love to give the creators money (and not some crackhead on Ebay) because we felt they earned it
2. If EB on VC is a success, it may lead to Nintendo doing other things with the series (mother 1 remake for 3ds please)
3. Nobody truly thinks EB is a system seller, its just nice to see that Nintendo listens to the fans for once
4. Some people just simply don't like piracy

You are not the voice of reason you think you are. You are not above everyone else because everyone else is excited for an EB re-release, nor do you understand the whole concept of "voting with your money".

I would suggest that you leave.
---

1) How about NO I won't leave until the Wii U dies out.
2) Not going to happen, Nintendo doesn't care about you, they are only doing this because they are desperate to sell their crappy console.
3) If Nintendo earned it they would have released it a long time ago. But because the Wii U is flopping harder than the Dreamcast, then they throw the dogs (Nintendo fanboys) a bone.

The piracy argument is the only legit reason, I will give that, but even then getting excited over a 20 year old game which they will overcharge for it bullcrap to begin with.

I do vote with my money, which is why I took my Wii U back, I almost fell for their trap just like the Wii. Nintendo still hasn't learned it's lessons, and the fanboys give them a pass on everything. That is what is so sad about the entire situation.

As for the Wii U has no games not being true, I ask for proof that you do.
What notable game has Wii U gotten in the last few months, Lego Undercover (the lego games are played out and is a casual game), Need for Speed (which flopped btw and ran worse than the other versions of the game DESPITE getting it later), Amazing Spider-Man (a port of a game released LAST JUNE), Walking Dead (total crap), Injustice (on every other system as well, nothing special).
Wii U has got almost nothing, Zombi U is not that great, New Super Mario Bros U is just the Wii version in HD (with some minute changes of course), Batman AC was on every other platform already and ran better than the Wii U version. Wii U has got NOTHING, and nothing coming up either minus Wind Waker remake (remaking a 2003 game to sell systems is quite sad).

Why is Nintendo stalling? The OS is terrible and that should have been fixed BEFORE the console launched not after. Hell the Wii U isn't even future proofed when the other consoles come out with more ram and power, developers are going to leave Wii U in the dust. They pretty much have already, Frostbite 4 engine and Unreal 4 engine isn't coming to Wii U, and you bet your ass they will be used for next gen games.

Wii U is a flop, Nintendo fans should DEMAND better from Nintendo, but as usual all they do is sit content,willing to eat the scraps Nintendo feeds then while the rest of the industry passes by and laughs.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#34darkqueenhelbaPosted 4/18/2013 12:07:19 AM
YOU GO GIRL!!
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#35LapanuiPosted 4/18/2013 12:48:26 AM
I've only played EB for a bit and that was because of the internet, but I wanted to buy it. Checked the price and it's just way to expensive.

I'm happy to hear it will released on the Wii U VC. I just hope it's also released in the UK.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#36peinxkonanPosted 4/18/2013 1:36:48 AM
Looks like the announcement of EB for Wii-U VC has made even the gamefaqs moderators excited.

I wish Gamefaqs was like this more often.
---
---Doesn't care
#37GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 4/18/2013 2:03:44 AM(edited)
- Buying a wii u and what will be a new gimped translation with a new gimped soundtrack and probably edited sprites, all to avoid legal bull****, instead of just paying way less for a legit UNALTERED snes original copy and snes console

Buy a Wii U when it actually gets some decent goddamn games of its own. Do not buy one for a tarnished gimped port of earthbound. Earthbounds draw is the sum of its parts and its obviously going to be highly gimped, otherwise they would of released the original snes version on e-shop forever ago, or yesterday. You know this is true, if you have any common sense. No, save your rationalizations. A gimped edited version is not better than the original. Regardless of how bad you want to pretend it will be fine to enable blowing money on the Wii U

Have some self control, and some self respect as a consumer. Please.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#38Sir_Haxor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 2:40:17 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
- Buying a wii u and what will be a new gimped translation with a new gimped soundtrack and probably edited sprites, all to avoid legal bull****, instead of just paying way less for a legit UNALTERED snes original copy and snes console

Buy a Wii U when it actually gets some decent goddamn games of its own. Do not buy one for a tarnished gimped port of earthbound. Earthbounds draw is the sum of its parts and its obviously going to be highly gimped, otherwise they would of released the original snes version on e-shop forever ago, or yesterday. You know this is true, if you have any common sense. No, save your rationalizations. A gimped edited version is not better than the original. Regardless of how bad you want to pretend it will be fine to enable blowing money on the Wii U

Have some self control, and some self respect as a consumer. Please.

Since you can see the future can you tell me the winning lottery numbers so I can pay for school? I'd appreciate that a lot more than advice on video game purchases.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#39itsmeaustinPosted 4/18/2013 2:52:12 AM(edited)

Oh, so I guess you'll be stuck here trying to crusade against people spending their own money on what they want even though you don't have a Wii U, great.

2) Not going to happen, Nintendo doesn't care about you, they are only doing this because they are desperate to sell their crappy console.

Nintendo certainly cares about money. You know Nintendo pulled the same thing with Sin and Punishment... right? They released a sequel in the west after the success of the VC release for the original. Also the EB announcement got maybe 30 seconds on the ND out of 40 minutes of video. Even mario party 5000 and iwata acting like a dumbass with two guys dressing up as mario and luigi got much more air time. Let me repeat: NOBODY THINKS A VC TITLE WILL PUSH THAT MANY WII U UNITS.

3) If Nintendo earned it they would have released it a long time ago. But because the Wii U is flopping harder than the Dreamcast, then they throw the dogs (Nintendo fanboys) a bone.

Yes because clearly not releasing anything at all is a better solution, is that what you're saying?

The piracy argument is the only legit reason, I will give that, but even then getting excited over a 20 year old game which they will overcharge for it bullcrap to begin with.

7-8 dollars is really not that expensive at all. If you want overpriced, take a look at the Ebay prices for earthbound

I do vote with my money, which is why I took my Wii U back, I almost fell for their trap just like the Wii. Nintendo still hasn't learned it's lessons, and the fanboys give them a pass on everything. That is what is so sad about the entire situation.

Nobodys giving Nintendo a pass on the Wii U. People are happy about it because NOA is finally showing some interest in the series, years after going into the western versions of Super Smash Bros Brawl and removing the EB demo for no reason at all. Earthbound was the number 1 most requested VC for nearly 5 years straight on Nintendo Power, and now that it is happening, people are excited for the POSSIBILITY of more Mother games. It's honestly not that complicated or mind blowing. It doesn't matter if they released it for the 3DS or Wii U (though I'd much rather prefer it on the 3DS), just the fact that Nintendo is finally throwing them a bone after many years is good news for them.

What notable game has Wii U gotten in the last few months, Lego Undercover (the lego games are played out and is a casual game), Need for Speed (which flopped btw and ran worse than the other versions of the game DESPITE getting it later), Amazing Spider-Man (a port of a game released LAST JUNE), Walking Dead (total crap), Injustice (on every other system as well, nothing special).
Wii U has got almost nothing, Zombi U is not that great, New Super Mario Bros U is just the Wii version in HD (with some minute changes of course), Batman AC was on every other platform already and ran better than the Wii U version. Wii U has got NOTHING, and nothing coming up either minus Wind Waker remake (remaking a 2003 game to sell systems is quite sad).

Why is Nintendo stalling? The OS is terrible and that should have been fixed BEFORE the console launched not after. Hell the Wii U isn't even future proofed when the other consoles come out with more ram and power, developers are going to leave Wii U in the dust. They pretty much have already, Frostbite 4 engine and Unreal 4 engine isn't coming to Wii U, and you bet your ass they will be used for next gen games.

Wii U is a flop, Nintendo fans should DEMAND better from Nintendo, but as usual all they do is sit content,willing to eat the scraps Nintendo feeds then while the rest of the industry passes by and laughs.

This has nothing to do with Earthbound
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#40Sir_Haxor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 2:59:43 AM
suprsolider posted...
1. Many people have played Earthbound and would love to give the creators money (and not some crackhead on Ebay) because we felt they earned it
2. If EB on VC is a success, it may lead to Nintendo doing other things with the series (mother 1 remake for 3ds please)
3. Nobody truly thinks EB is a system seller, its just nice to see that Nintendo listens to the fans for once
4. Some people just simply don't like piracy

You are not the voice of reason you think you are. You are not above everyone else because everyone else is excited for an EB re-release, nor do you understand the whole concept of "voting with your money".

I would suggest that you leave.
---

http://i.imgur.com/VWr6I.gif
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board