What game series do you wish you could experience all over for the first time?

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 4/17/2013 1:58:35 PM
For me it would have to be Metroid. The series started out so damn good and kept getting better up until Other M. What I wouldn't do to go back and enjoy it all again for the first time.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof*, he was gone."
#2mashuPosted 4/17/2013 2:07:22 PM
PSO --> PSO Ep I & II. I loved those games. PSO in particular with word select and Japanese friends on Japanese servers. I even stayed in contact with some of them for years afterwards via e-mail. Of all the iterations to come out for the franchise since, these imho were the best and I still sometimes play Ep I & II.
#3zalmutePosted 4/17/2013 2:09:31 PM
Definately mario. I am pretty good at them now and dont get much challenge from them anymore.
---
This gen devs will bleed, but its ok, 8 gb ddr5 right?
PC + WiiU.
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 4/17/2013 2:28:10 PM
I know it will be an unpopular opinion here, and an odd choice given my 35+ years of gaming experience, but I'm going to say Uncharted. There were moments in the first game, and again in the follow-ups, that just plain made me say "wow". That's not something I'd had a game do for me in a long time. I'd love to experience that franchise anew.

Now if we're strictly speaking Nintendo, I'm going to have to say the Zelda franchise. While Super Metroid is my favorite Nintendo title of all time, the Zelda games have provided me with many more hours of entertainment and memories. Everything from the music to the gameplay to the always simple yet effective plot makes me smile.
#5MC LinkPosted 4/17/2013 2:28:17 PM
oh look, "another Other" M troll
---
*/******\/*****\*C Link : DandyQuackShot4Life
{___(\__/)___} "@ValKilmer4Life"-Twitter tweet me!
#6xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 2:47:48 PM(edited)
mashu posted...
PSO --> PSO Ep I & II. I loved those games. PSO in particular with word select and Japanese friends on Japanese servers. I even stayed in contact with some of them for years afterwards via e-mail. Of all the iterations to come out for the franchise since, these imho were the best and I still sometimes play Ep I & II.

I still play on Schtserv every now and then, great games for sure.

MC Link posted...
oh look, "another Other" M troll

Gimme a break. So because one doesn't like a game and lists it in their post, they're labeled a troll. The only troll in here is yourself... well done.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof*, he was gone."
#7Soanevalcke6Posted 4/17/2013 2:51:39 PM
I would also have to say Metroid (Except Other M obviously). I replay Super/Fusion/Zero Mission/Prime/Echoes/Corruption every year and it's great but I wish I could experience it for the first time again...
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#8IloveElitePosted 4/17/2013 2:59:00 PM
Elite!!!

of course :)
#9Xenesis XenonPosted 4/17/2013 3:52:38 PM
Deus Ex.

That game was magical in 2000, its still magical today and it probably won't stop being magical.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#10cucumberkingPosted 4/17/2013 3:53:51 PM
Shadow of the Colossus.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti