Nintendo: focusing too much on 3DS?

#31omniryuPosted 4/17/2013 7:17:22 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
omescythe posted...
nintendo got plenty of wii u games ready to go how ever they are waiting for the ps4 to launch so they can come out and say look we got games and look at our price drop we are cheaper so go buy a wii u now.

I could see this being the case. I mean why else would they have released the U so early? Makes sense to throw some good announcements around at the competition

I think it just a simple textbooks case of rush launch. Why wait until the PS4 come out and then have good games? You want to consistently have a growing install base.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#32BMD1990Posted 4/17/2013 7:26:55 PM
DBPanterA posted...
BMD1990 posted...
I really do wish the Link to the Past sequel and Yoshi's Island where WiiU games or atleast playable on tv

The correct word to use is were, not where.

Also to play these games, buy a 3DS or 3DSXL. Problem solved. I want to play Halo, but I can't find that on my Nintendo. . .

I can definitely tell you play Halos by the smartassness of your post. And FYI I already own a 3dsXl and will play those games, but that doesn't grant my wish, not problem, of being able to play these great games on my tv now does it
---
This is arkham arkham This is arkham arkham
The FedEx Knight will rise
#33Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 7:48:59 PM
omniryu posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
omescythe posted...
nintendo got plenty of wii u games ready to go how ever they are waiting for the ps4 to launch so they can come out and say look we got games and look at our price drop we are cheaper so go buy a wii u now.

I could see this being the case. I mean why else would they have released the U so early? Makes sense to throw some good announcements around at the competition

I think it just a simple textbooks case of rush launch. Why wait until the PS4 come out and then have good games? You want to consistently have a growing install base.

Disappointing them while the next gen is coming isn't very smart tbh

Their fans would have bought it either way and they wouldn't have to worry about them being cast in this horrible light
#34ArabrockermanXPosted 4/17/2013 7:52:06 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
3DS is gettin a whole new Zelda--Link's Awakening 2. The only Zelda slated for the U is the WW -remake-. Doesn't this make it seem like they will completely stop supporting the U soon? Why aren't they more excited to bring new games to the U? Why does the 3DS get all of their attention while the U gets delay after delay?

No logic FTW.
#35Lelouch71Posted 4/17/2013 7:54:57 PM
Setting my love and bias towards the 3DS, you should wait until E3. Hell they could do a Wii U direct between now and then. So calm down. Besides the 3DS is the system that is making them money. It's the golden goose that should not be neglected while it's momentum is slowly getting faster.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#36vidalmorazaPosted 4/17/2013 8:05:55 PM
3DS has more than 2 years out, of course there are more games in development for it than the Wii U, I mean, Wii U is what? 5 months? Nintendo canīt just launch lots of games for it, give it time...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#37dmaster342Posted 4/17/2013 8:23:57 PM
Melkac posted...
DTY3 posted...
Okay so you point out that 3DS is getting a new Zelda (LttP 2, not Links Awakening2)

You do know Link's Awakening is the THIRD sequel of A Link to the Past, right?

Why are some people so ignorant all of sudden...

Link's Awakening isn't a direct sequel. Both Oracle of Ages and Seasons come after it timeline wise.

This is why I hate it when people bring up sequels, especially in a series like this...it is possible this could be a direct sequel but for all we know, it occurs after LoZ and Zelda 2 NES. >_>
#38genlockPosted 4/17/2013 8:35:46 PM
Nintendo is focusing on the 3DS because they are smart.
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#39Jack_the_monke7Posted 4/17/2013 8:48:50 PM
What's this? the Wii U is getting a Zelda remake before a brand new game?? Oh, CLEARLY Nintendo has given up on the Wii U. I mean, its not like the 3DS got a remake before a new game...

Oh wait
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support