Article: Why the Wii U Might be Getting more 3rd Party Support than you think

#41GoombaXPosted 4/18/2013 11:36:50 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Quote:
Nintendo already has more developers on board than developers that are not supporting the Wii U. Crytek, Capcom, Ubisoft, TT Games, WB, Square Enix, Criterion, Atlus, Namco Bandai, Sega, Platinum and Indie devs popping up left and right; versus EA (minus Criterion), Deep Silver, Epic (UE3 support only), and CD Projekt RED.

And CD Projekt is the only company on that list of non-supporters that's a worth a damn. Although it doesn't mention a few other big companies like Bethesda, who I don't think have any plans for the Wii U - although I'd argue if you're playing their games on a console in the first place, you're doing it wrong.

@UponADarkThorne

People need to stop taking this idiotic assumption. PC gaming is inferior to PS4 in terms of visuals if the specs are any indication. If you look at the steam numbers the average PC gamer is going to run a bethesda game like garbage compared to the PS four.

LMAO sony pony confirmed
get outta here
bad pony
no hay for you
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#42DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/18/2013 11:41:22 PM
lol, takes like two seconds to look at my PSN. I haven't touched my PS3 in like ages. Nintendo fanboy trying to rationalize their own insecurities again. No surprise.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#43anon_firePosted 4/19/2013 12:13:33 AM
Let me ask you a question: What are you gonna do if the PS4/720 fail to meet expectations?
---
NNID: alaz21
#44GoombaXPosted 4/19/2013 12:15:19 AM
lol, takes like two seconds to look at my PSN. I haven't touched my PS3 in like ages. Nintendo fanboy trying to rationalize their own insecurities again. No surprise.

Lol i dont have to look at your psn to know your a sony pony kid.
Lol thinking ps4 is stronger than a Gaming rig.
dont quit school
---
#45DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/19/2013 12:45:04 AM(edited)
Oh wow, failed reading comprehension. Console peasants are hilarious. Please don't try to patronize us PC gamers.

Please understand what a gaming rig actually is before you embarrass yourself again.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#46VanderZooPosted 4/19/2013 12:57:43 AM
GoombaX posted...
Quote:
Nintendo already has more developers on board than developers that are not supporting the Wii U. Crytek, Capcom, Ubisoft, TT Games, WB, Square Enix, Criterion, Atlus, Namco Bandai, Sega, Platinum and Indie devs popping up left and right; versus EA (minus Criterion), Deep Silver, Epic (UE3 support only), and CD Projekt RED.

And CD Projekt is the only company on that list of non-supporters that's a worth a damn. Although it doesn't mention a few other big companies like Bethesda, who I don't think have any plans for the Wii U - although I'd argue if you're playing their games on a console in the first place, you're doing it wrong.

@UponADarkThorne

People need to stop taking this idiotic assumption. PC gaming is inferior to PS4 in terms of visuals if the specs are any indication. If you look at the steam numbers the average PC gamer is going to run a bethesda game like garbage compared to the PS four.

LMAO sony pony confirmed
get outta here
bad pony
no hay for you

It's true, look up Steam's hardware survey that was done in February this year, the average Steam/PC gamer's PC is far outclassed by the PS4.
---
Would you kindly bring us the girl and wipe away the debt
#47DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/19/2013 8:47:16 AM
Don't bother. He's a console peasant trying to defend pc gamer for approval points.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#48lp913Posted 4/19/2013 9:04:24 AM
Its simple: cross-generational support. Which means many games will be made for all HD consoles, and its already happening. If PS4/720 both stumble in sales (which is likely) that will further the trend for more cross-generational support, which from what we can already see IS benefiting Wii U moreso that the original Wii ever got at the beginning of the 7th.

Remember, regardless of power or specs, sales matter most. Unless there is a DRASTIC difference in graphics along with a VERY competitive price point between PS3/360 & PS4/720 long term don't be shocked at all if this scenario ends up being the case, OR many of the bigger third party development studios are serious about running their business into the friggin ground, that is, their choice.

Will Wii U still miss out on some support? sure. But the potential upcoming market trends could easily dictate that Wii U indeed will be getting most of it overall, at least until 2016 at the earliest.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#49OlimarxPosted 4/19/2013 9:24:42 AM
To someone who doesn't devote much time and resources into gaming, but still enjoys them and keeps up, this was exactly what I was thinking. I agree with the article, cost will be in Nintendo's favor. I already have a wii u, and don't plan on getting the other consoles or a gaming pc. I wish we had more options for games, but more options, to me, don't translate to pleasure.
---
My mission is to kill time, and time's to kill me in its turn. How comfortable one is among murderers. - Emile M. Cioran
#50GoombaXPosted 4/19/2013 9:33:44 AM
Don't bother. He's a console peasant trying to defend pc gamer for approval points.

lol you totally contradicted what you just said. How ignorant are you kid.
---