Deciding on something for EarthBound.

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 4/17/2013 6:09:10 PM
Since the game's coming out on the VC, should I sell my cartridge of the game?

I'm not too big of a collector in terms of that stuff and I've already completed the game. Should I sell it for 100-150 on eBay now before the VC version comes out and the value lowers?

And don't get me wrong, I love EarthBound, but I need some money for upcoming games.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 4/17/2013 6:12:17 PM
If you have a copy, be it physical or digital, then its not worth owning another.

Sell it.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3Commander_GreilPosted 4/17/2013 6:12:52 PM
I'd sell it if you're not one for collecting. I recently sold mind for 250 with no box, just the cartridge. I'd try to sell it locally before ebaying it.
---
CP:Paper Mario Sticker Star, Skyrim(PS3)
OFWGKTA Golf Wang Free Earl
#4DTY3Posted 4/17/2013 6:47:34 PM
You'll regret it.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#5thundercat2600Posted 4/17/2013 6:50:56 PM
Might as well sell it.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#6j_coatPosted 4/17/2013 7:05:02 PM
Some of the game's music might be different when NOA is through with it if the copyright rumors are true, might want to keep it if you liked those tunes.
---
The new Universal Wars demo is available now!
http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=5169
#7LemonKweenstaaaPosted 4/17/2013 7:05:51 PM
Keep the cartridge. Its a treasure.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
31,795 > 66,980 -Sailor Goon
#8PSOLavisPosted 4/17/2013 7:07:18 PM
First off, having it released on vc should have almost no effect on its value, and any effect would be temporary. People who pay what they do for it are paying for the cart. Not the game. Otherwise they would just get a rom of it. I would say sell it if you don't care and need money. Or if you don't need money right now, keep it safe and let it further appreciate in value.
#9DTY3Posted 4/17/2013 7:18:20 PM
j_coat posted...
Some of the game's music might be different when NOA is through with it if the copyright rumors are true, might want to keep it if you liked those tunes.

It won't.

That was just EB fanboys justifying why the game wasnt released here.

TONS of games have musical references.

No More Heroes has a character named Helter Skelter.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#10MelkacPosted 4/17/2013 7:21:36 PM
You can sell it for a lot of money, apparently. If you're not a collector, do it!

Also, make sure you sell it as soon as possible. There was no legit way to play Earthbound for YEARS, so there's a reason the cartridges are so pricey. Now that the game has been announced for the Wii U eShop...the demand should be a lot lower now.

"WHAT?! Is it THAT expensive?! I will just go buy a damn Wii U with that money!"

PSOLavis posted...
Otherwise they would just get a rom of it

...You do know doing that is illegal, right? Do you want to know why so many people have been asking for Earthbound to be released if they could just 'get the rom'?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA