If the internet were around during the heyday of the NES...

#11EazyERockPosted 4/18/2013 5:45:13 AM
this is exactly how it would have been, and is as ridiculous as it is now
---
Robert Griffin III YOUR 2012 NFL Rookie of the Year
#12Rasputin77Posted 4/18/2013 5:46:17 AM
If the internet were around during the heyday of the NES...

... people would act EXACTLY like they do today, having an open platform on which to voice their opinions. (Which, oddly enough, is the same platform other people use to piss, whine and moan about those opinions!)

AhnoldDood posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
DERP CYCLE

PEOPLE ONLY HATE NINTENDO BECAUSE THEYRE HATERZZZ

So tired of this

You need to get that stick out of your butt, pronto.

You need to stop looking at his butt. And where's the catchphrase, dood? If I see an Ahnold post without an "Oh, wait..." in it, the rest of my day just falls flat. =(
---
Wii U apologists... please stop trying so hard.
#13P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/18/2013 5:48:21 AM
DBPanterA posted...
uberking422 posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Technically the NES was online. In Japan at least. The Famicom had a fax machine or something that could be used with it. I don't remember exactly what it was.

Was that the weird satellite device they could broadcast games on?

Yes, but it was for the Super Famicon (SNES). One was recently put up on eBay. The idea at the time was at certain times of the day, different games could be played. The issue was you couldn't save and once the clock hit 00, the game vanished. . .

The NES had one too but it was used for the lottery and more social features than online gaming.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U
#14suprsoliderPosted 4/18/2013 5:52:16 AM
The Internet DID exist before the NES was even released.

What is with people thinking the internet didn't exist till the mid 90's. It has existed since the 60's for military and schools, then in the 70's and 80s for consumer use.

Look up services such as Quantam Link and Compuserve, both were very popular for their day and age. I was there at 4 years old on those systems downloading Commodore 64 games, talking to people.

Sure it was not mainstream like today but to say it didn't exist is wrong.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#15opopopzaPosted 4/18/2013 5:57:18 AM
Gamerguymass posted...
Technically the NES was online. In Japan at least. The Famicom had a fax machine or something that could be used with it. I don't remember exactly what it was.
Traditional fax machines aren't Internet based, they are analog like phones.
---
Can you say David Hasselhoff?
#16LurkerLordPosted 4/18/2013 6:15:43 AM
Why make an article with fabricated comments? They could have just copy/pasted 90% of the topics and comments from here.