Do you plan on buying any Virtual Console games next week?

#11lionheart5656Posted 4/18/2013 10:02:57 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
I'm not touching anything from Nintendo until they get their account system together and confirm that it will last past one console.

I MIGHT make an exception for an exclusive "Wiiware" type game that is just amazing.

Funny, with the lack of PS3 compatibility I now buy digital content only on Nintendo hardware, because they are the only ones to show true support for digital purchases.

As for the topic, it depends on what games are there at launch, I do have quite a few games I want to pick up, and I will when they go up.

No. PC is the only thing that supports true digital purchases.

Every other console is just a random guess which generation you will lose all your digital purchases.

It already started with Nintendo.

Wii purchases barely made it to Wii U and will have to be repurchased for their future system which isn't even in place yet.

I even lost Lost Winds entirely to the transfer.

Nintendo's system is a huge joke.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#12Rival_Blue_1999Posted 4/19/2013 1:15:03 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
I'm not touching anything from Nintendo until they get their account system together and confirm that it will last past one console.

I MIGHT make an exception for an exclusive "Wiiware" type game that is just amazing.

Funny, with the lack of PS3 compatibility I now buy digital content only on Nintendo hardware, because they are the only ones to show true support for digital purchases.

As for the topic, it depends on what games are there at launch, I do have quite a few games I want to pick up, and I will when they go up.

Every other console is just a random guess which generation you will lose all your digital purchases.

Wii purchases barely made it to Wii U and will have to be repurchased for their future system which isn't even in place yet.

Oh you mean the transfer fee to I dunno SUPPORT THE FREAKING VC? Jesus Christ Almighty God! Can people STFU about it already?

1. No one is forcing you to buy this
2.Nintendo Won't take away your WII VC games
3.Do you expect everything in life to be free?
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#13senelcoolidge_Posted 4/19/2013 1:17:25 AM
Rival_Blue_1999 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

Oh you mean the transfer fee to I dunno SUPPORT THE FREAKING VC? Jesus Christ Almighty God! Can people STFU about it already?

1. No one is forcing you to buy this
2.Nintendo Won't take away your WII VC games
3.Do you expect everything in life to be free?

He's part of the "master race," of course he wants everything for free.
#14FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/19/2013 1:20:34 AM
probably just super mario world
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#15Shadowbird_RHPosted 4/19/2013 1:24:59 AM
Depends on what's released. I'm certainly planning on taking a look at least.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#16TalentedMPosted 4/19/2013 2:00:42 AM
lionheart5656 posted...

You honestly believe that? Because it actually doesn't unless you own the physical disk and even then having to sign into something or having something demand you be online to use the game you purchased makes it very limited.

You buy a game on Steam, you don't own that game. Whenever I tell someone that they always give me a look of disbelief, but go read the licencing and tos. They owe you NOTHING if they decide to stop their service and all those games tied to your account that you "own" means nothing.

Which is why I will innevitably stop just handing a company $60 for a game over the internet and "always on" wont work out. A disk is forever (or as long as you care for it), data isn't supported by any service and when that service ends, so does your purchase.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#17CRISTALSONICPosted 4/19/2013 7:15:45 AM(edited)
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Depends on what's released. I'm certainly planning on taking a look at least.

yeah same here

wen is the up date Tuesday? Thursday?
#18Zaphod65Posted 4/19/2013 8:24:04 AM
I'll probably upgrade the ones I bought for the Wii, but I don't know what's being released beyond that.
---
Gamertag: Halifirien
#19MalifacentXPosted 4/19/2013 8:42:24 AM
It really depends on what titles are available. I don't really like playing emulators on my PC but I love retro games and have been having a BLAST with Punch Out and Kirby on my gamepad.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
NNID: MrKupka
#20Petey_MeanisPosted 4/19/2013 8:44:52 AM
Don't expect every game currently available on Wii VC to be available day one on Wii U VC. I expect great disappointment and anger the day Wii U VC launches.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage. NNID : Meaty_Petey
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif