Reggie Fils-Aime: E3 will dramatically increase Wii U pace

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/18/2013 3:48:03 AM
Nintendo has seen a 55% sales increase in Nintendo 3DS games, both through digital and physical copies, says president of Nintendo of America Reggie Fil-Aime.

When interviewed by GameIndustry International, Reggie talked about recent digital success, revealing that 11% of Nintendo's 3DS games were sold digitally. One success story is the sales of Fire Emblem: Awakening which to date has sold 240,000 copies, with one third of those digital. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon sales were also highlighted with the total at 415,000 units. Also revealed was the percentage of 3DS owners who have connected to the internet, which currently sits at 67%.

Though not much Wii U info was given, Reggie says that "What I would say about Wii U - and what Mr. Iwata has said - is that the pace of launches has been slower than we hoped. But as we prepare for E3, the pace of launches for Wii U is going to dramatically increase."

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33926
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U
#2soupbandit1Posted 4/18/2013 3:50:22 AM
Can we really trust Reggie? Of course not.
#3tuznecotePosted 4/18/2013 3:55:37 AM
Whilst I am extremely down about this system I am actually confident a sudden boost of interesting stuff will appear. They did this with the 3DS the only catch is will we be waited for these interesting game towards the end of 2014
#4JackalPosted 4/18/2013 3:55:44 AM
I guess the Winter hibernation is over. The Reggie Bear has awakened! Watch your picnic baskets! :)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#5DarkAdonis123Posted 4/18/2013 3:55:56 AM
I'm not buying into anymore of Reggie's bs. He also claimed the Wii U version of COD looked "dramatically better" than the other consoles, which it doesn't, it looks the same. Like any other shameless salesman, he'll say anything. I'll believe this E3 claim when I see it.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#6Round_DicePosted 4/18/2013 3:56:16 AM
Hey Reggie, how about not being greedy clowns and actually giving reasonable prices to digital releases? You'll likely see even better sales that way!
What's that? No?
#7P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 3:58:05 AM
Round_Dice posted...
Hey Reggie, how about not being greedy clowns and actually giving reasonable prices to digital releases? You'll likely see even better sales that way!
What's that? No?

Hey, troll, how about talking to the third parties who actually price their games like that.
---
#8FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/18/2013 3:59:10 AM
i pray E3 brings the megatons for the wiiu if nintendo plays there card right it may be a nintendo only year for me lol
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#9Round_DicePosted 4/18/2013 4:08:35 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Hey, troll, how about talking to the third parties who actually price their games like that.

I wasn't aware Mario games were 3rd party franchises.
#10P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 4:11:35 AM
Round_Dice posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

I wasn't aware Mario games were 3rd party franchises.

So your complaining about the one Mario game, who's eshop price is the exact same price in retail, and not the short $15 third party games?

I'm done with you.
---