Reggie Fils-Aime: E3 will dramatically increase Wii U pace

#21ADHDguitarPosted 4/18/2013 4:46:49 AM
They had better.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#22kyomagiPosted 4/18/2013 4:52:54 AM
D...did reggie just pull out the "wait for e3" line?
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#23suprsoliderPosted 4/18/2013 4:53:57 AM
Even if E3 helps Wii U, it won't help much.

PS4 is going to come out and all interest for Wii U will drop.

Have fun while it lasts, the Wii U is going to fail just like Dreamcast did before it.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#24ADHDguitarPosted 4/18/2013 4:55:44 AM
suprsolider posted...

Have fun while it lasts, the Wii U is going to fail just like Dreamcast did before it.

Keep those tears flowing pony. It only makes us stronger.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#25P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 4:56:59 AM
suprsolider posted...

Nintendo isn't Sega and the Wii U isn't the Dreamcast. What you're touting sounds exactly like the same people who claimed 3DS was dead and couldn't compete with Vita.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U
#26IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/18/2013 4:59:11 AM
I agree with P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N here, Nintendo is no better or worse than any of the other companies. I personally prefer physical anyway, and will not buy digital if I can help it (excluding VC games) mainly because of the caveats mentioned in dozens and dozens of topics. That being said, Nintendo has surprised the hell out of me, they've been strikingly good to the fans at long last and listening to what we want. It's long overdue that they did something like this, and I'm glad they're doing it. I do feel Reggie can be somewhat trusted with the most recent statement of his. since I believe he pulled that straight from Mr. Iwata. But I can totally understand the skepticism from most as well.

All in all though, yesterday's Nintendo Direct was awesome, and Reggie's statement aligns with what I kept feeling energy wise, that once E3 rolls around, Nintendo is gonna show off the big guns, and everyone and their frigging mom is going to want to get a Wii U once the marketing blitz truly begins.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#27TeraPatrick2008Posted 4/18/2013 5:10:56 AM
Well, my body is ready!
#28SpideyknightPosted 4/18/2013 5:39:37 AM
Says the man who lied to our face during Operation: Rainfall. NoA didn't even ask NoJ to bring over any of the games. Didn't even ask. That's a travesty and just shows NoA has no clue what they are doing. They were content to just watch the Wii die for two years, nary a game in sight. So Reggie can take his rhetoric and can it.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#29Pixx0Posted 4/18/2013 5:48:12 AM
Stopped reading at Reggie Fils-Aime...

I wonder which of the two is the biggest troll... him or Pandaman
#30Sailor GoonPosted 4/18/2013 5:59:56 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Round_Dice posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I live in the US. The games are not priced more than MSRP.

Which is still pricier than it should be considering that Nintendo doesn't have to pay themselves royalties for publishing games on their own consoles and that the price of digital releases doesn't include the portion that goes to a retailer, nor are there any manufacturing costs.
Only additional cost related to digital releases are server based ones, and those are nothing.

Digital releases should be cheaper than physical copies, on any console, which makes what Nintendo is doing to the EU even more ridiculous.

Oh, and I'm glad that you're so open minded that you immediately assumed that I'm from the US and jumped straight to name calling in your first response.
It really does say a lot about you.

Trolling is trolling regardless of where you live. And Nintendo keeping the eshop prices in line with MSRP is no worse than anybody else. Take 360 for example. There are still games are there for 30-40$ that you can get in store for $10.

I fail to see where he had trolled at all. He commented on the absurd EU prices. It was you who automatically jumped into a personal attack.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh