What will be the biggest "deal" at Nintendo's e3 this year?

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/18/2013 5:04:33 AM
What will generate more hype? - Results (101 votes)
3D Mario
10.89% (11 votes)
Mario Kart
0.99% (1 votes)
Smash Bros 4
51.49% (52 votes)
Retro's Project
26.73% (27 votes)
Other - Wii U
8.91% (9 votes)
Other - 3DS
0.99% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've only listed things that are confirmed to be shown (for the most part).
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U
#2GamerManiac187Posted 4/18/2013 5:08:38 AM
Smash or Retro.

Voted Retro because Brawl was a step down, and Retro's project obviously has an air of mystery, so that will make for a more interesting show at E3.

And supposedly Smash will only have screenshots.
---
http://backloggery.com/kurano
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 5:12:42 AM
GamerManiac187 posted...
Smash or Retro.

Voted Retro because Brawl was a step down, and Retro's project obviously has an air of mystery, so that will make for a more interesting show at E3.

And supposedly Smash will only have screenshots.

Sakurai said Iwata made a mistake and there should at least be a video.
---
#4wingo84Posted 4/18/2013 5:16:07 AM
Hoping it will be retro's project.

There's a lot of mystery surrounding it and we all wanna know what it is... just hope it isnt a let down.

It will be either Metroid, a new Donkey Kong, or a completely new IP...

I'm gonna bet it's a Metroid U(niverse) game
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#5monkeyspoonPosted 4/18/2013 5:18:01 AM
In all honesty I think the 3ds will get the most buzz. Remember the WiiU will be up against titles on PS4 and next Xbox. The WiiU won't have the same wow factor.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon. Can't wait for the PS4 to be released. WiiU fanboys are so deluded.
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 5:18:32 AM
wingo84 posted...
Hoping it will be retro's project.

There's a lot of mystery surrounding it and we all wanna know what it is... just hope it isnt a let down.

It will be either Metroid, a new Donkey Kong, or a completely new IP...

I'm gonna bet it's a Metroid U(niverse) game

It's either Donkey Kong or Star Fox. A new IP and Metroid have been ruled out and rumors point to Star Fox.
---
#7digiblasterPosted 4/18/2013 5:21:12 AM
Mario Kart.

Do we even know for certain that we'll be seeing what Retro have been working on? I know it's been a long time without any information, but I don't recall anything official being said.

As for Smash Bros., I don't think we'll see enough of it for it to truly warrant a lot of hype. We were only told we'd see screenshots, though the wording made it sound like they were hoping to have a trailer ready. Unless they get a big name character in the reveal on the same level as Snake with Brawl, I don't think it'll be as hyped up - it's still a long time until release.

On the other hand, Mario Kart is big. MKWii is the third best selling game of all time. I know plenty of non-gamers who love Mario Kart - I even know of a few bars that have Mario Kart Wii set up for customers to play. If there's a game that will shift consoles for the casual market, it'll be Mario Kart U.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#8FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/18/2013 5:22:00 AM
smash people go crazy over that series.
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#9P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 5:28:44 AM
Retro was not officially stated to be making an appearance (why I noted "for the most part") but I think it should be expected given that they were the main event last year but they bailed at the last minute.

As for Smash
Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed, via Twitter, that both the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Super Smash Bros. title will be at this year’s E3. Yesterday, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said ‘screens’ from the new Super Smash Bros. game will be shown at the expo, but according to IGN, Sakurai makes it seem like we may be seeing actual footage this E3. Because production of the game was announced so far in advance, Sakurai apologizes to fans of the series; however, the video game designer says there’ll be more Super Smash Bros. news coming.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/24/sakurai-confirms-that-both-3ds-and-wii-u-versions-of-super-smash-bros-will-be-at-e3-2013/
---
#10RiaanYsterPosted 4/18/2013 6:27:45 AM
digiblaster posted...
Mario Kart.

Do we even know for certain that we'll be seeing what Retro have been working on? I know it's been a long time without any information, but I don't recall anything official being said.

As for Smash Bros., I don't think we'll see enough of it for it to truly warrant a lot of hype. We were only told we'd see screenshots, though the wording made it sound like they were hoping to have a trailer ready. Unless they get a big name character in the reveal on the same level as Snake with Brawl, I don't think it'll be as hyped up - it's still a long time until release.

On the other hand, Mario Kart is big. MKWii is the third best selling game of all time. I know plenty of non-gamers who love Mario Kart - I even know of a few bars that have Mario Kart Wii set up for customers to play. If there's a game that will shift consoles for the casual market, it'll be Mario Kart U.

in my experience, this is the one game that most non-gamers will also enjoy playing almost every time. It will be huge on the WiiU i'm sure.