• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Isn't Earthbound a 20 year old game?
2 years ago#31
people only like it because it's nostalgic and rare
2 years ago#32
Cecil255 posted...
I bought a Wii U yesterday. I was likely going to get one anyway, but upon hearing that news there was absolutely no reason to delay. I was in love with Nintendo all over again.

Sorry but you aren't being genuine. You've already pointed out that you buy pretty much EVERY system and beyond that, you own an SNES (and thus, if Earthbound actually mattered to you, you could have grabbed the original at anytime instead [and that's assuming you don't already own it]).

So you want me to believe you bought a Wii U for a downloadable version of a game you can (and probably already do) have elsewhere....? Really?
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
2 years ago#33
doesnt that not matter?
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
2 years ago#34
Pulp posted...
So you want me to believe you bought a Wii U for a downloadable version of a game you can (and probably already do) have elsewhere....? Really?

Well, I'm actually in the process of selling off most of my collection. I've sold a couple hundred listings already and still have almost a couple hundred left:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/napstrpsx/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I like the trend towards digital, I'm all for consolidating everything. I do have a complete copy of Earthbound already, but I will happily purchase it on day one. I want to support the company and the digital revival of classics.

It's not just because they released Earthbound, but the decision to release it is a great sign for the future. Not to mention the Wii U is very fun and innovative, I had kind of blown it off up until this point but Nintendo Land surpassed any and all expectations I had. I can't wait to play it with a bigger group of friends.
2 years ago#35
People have wanted a western re-release or sequel to Earthbound for longer than any of the other console makers have been in business. Is it really that surprising that people want the game? Its like the Shenmue of Nintendo.

Also the did make a sequel, Mother 3. Good game too.

EDIT:

PS1 was around when people started wanting the sequel. My bad.
2 years ago#36
Illuminoius posted...
people only like it because it's nostalgic and rare

Don't let people on Ebay and Amazon fool you. It's not rare. They just love to inflate the price. I think the game is great and I didn't even play it until about three years ago. Mother 3, on the other hand, is totally overrated.
2 years ago#37
Its funny because you can buy a super Famicom and mother 2 for about $80.
I sold my copy of earthbound years ago for.... $80
Can't wait for vc release
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
2 years ago#38
Yes
---
Today I have over 2800 karma.
2 years ago#39
New Link posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
It's an extremely niche title.

The battle system was archaic even by 1995 standards (think Dragon Quest 2 on NES, except with no challenge).

You have choice over how to advance your characters or who's in your party.

All it has going for it is a quirky sense of humor.

So.. you've not played it.

Sounds like he has.
---
Hi.
2 years ago#40
Who cares how old a game is so long as its good. Chrono Trigger, Donkey Kong Country, Megaman X, heck I could go on. Regardless the SNES era had a load of good games and Earthbound was one of them.
---
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Isn't Earthbound a 20 year old game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived