The Wii U Doubt

#1UponADarkThornePosted 4/18/2013 9:53:53 AM
These forums seem to have a lot of hate for the Wii U, with the most common complaint is the drought of games it currently has... Which I can completely understand, for the record. At the same time, I'm not entirely sure why people seem to think this will always be the case, especially as the 3DS release is so recent. It was awful, for about a year, and is now really, really good.

Don't people expect the same thing for the Wii U?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#2LemonKweenstaaaPosted 4/18/2013 9:55:31 AM
Remember the 3DS board post-launch before the price drop?
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
31,795 > 66,980 -Sailor Goon
#3DinglesteedPosted 4/18/2013 9:56:20 AM
Every console launch ever has been like this. It's not like they have 100+ games ready for launch. It takes time. People nowadays just want instant gratification.
---
Playing: MH3U, Phoenix Wright Series, NSMBU, NHL 13, Jade Empire, Luigi's Mansion
#4The_BoredomsPosted 4/18/2013 10:01:52 AM
Dinglesteed posted...
Every console launch ever has been like this. It's not like they have 100+ games ready for launch. It takes time. People nowadays just want instant gratification.

People aren't any different now than they've ever been. You just frequent a forum where they have a voice.
#5MilesTeg420Posted 4/18/2013 10:02:41 AM
In all honesty the 3DS drought was really bad. It's going to have an amazing year, but don't forget it's now in it's third year in NA. I hope Nintendo can turn it around faster with Wii U. But like 3DS, their current lack of first party software isn't giving third parties much confidence in the platform.
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/18/2013 10:05:30 AM
The wii suffered from some awful droughts the majority of it's existence and its third party support was much better than the Wii U's appears to be.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#7UponADarkThorne(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:07:05 AM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Remember the 3DS board post-launch before the price drop?

Uh huh. This is pretty much a repeat of it.

The_Boredoms posted...
Dinglesteed posted...

People aren't any different now than they've ever been. You just frequent a forum where they have a voice.

I wouldn't necessarily say that's true, at least when it comes to video games. Back in the day, big name titles came out with a lot less frequency and people seemed to play their games longer, at least in my experience, even in the early days of the PS1. The whole "buy it, beat it, sell it" thing really didn't seem to be that common.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#8icarus231Posted 4/18/2013 10:12:49 AM
The_Boredoms posted...
Dinglesteed posted...

No people are different now. They have become spoiled and have an air of entitlement to them. The boards simply reflect that.
#9kissdadookiePosted 4/18/2013 10:13:59 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
The wii suffered from some awful droughts the majority of it's existence and its third party support was much better than the Wii U's appears to be.

The Wii had Wii Sports. You honestly believe that without Wii Sports, the Wii would have had a leg to stand on?
#10NikraPosted 4/18/2013 10:15:11 AM(edited)
UponADarkThorne posted...
These forums seem to have a lot of hate for the Wii U, with the most common complaint is the drought of games it currently has... Which I can completely understand, for the record. At the same time, I'm not entirely sure why people seem to think this will always be the case, especially as the 3DS release is so recent. It was awful, for about a year, and is now really, really good.

Don't people expect the same thing for the Wii U?

If you look close, you will see that all the hate comes from people who have never even tried the Wii U LOL