The Wii U Doubt

#21DiscostewSMPosted 4/18/2013 9:42:12 AM
Hate increases ever day, and the Wii U is simply the newest thing to get that focused hate.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#2295_EclipsePosted 4/18/2013 9:45:08 AM
Nikra posted...
UponADarkThorne posted...
These forums seem to have a lot of hate for the Wii U, with the most common complaint is the drought of games it currently has... Which I can completely understand, for the record. At the same time, I'm not entirely sure why people seem to think this will always be the case, especially as the 3DS release is so recent. It was awful, for about a year, and is now really, really good.

Don't people expect the same thing for the Wii U?

If you look close, you will see that all the hate comes from people who have never even tried the Wii U LOL

My favorite part about these boards is the constant downplaying and reassurance from blatant Nintendo fanboys. The kind of people who would pretend everything was great for Nintendo if the console stopped selling right now.

The thing is, people are expecting Wii level sales, and that isn't going to happen.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg
#23Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/18/2013 10:09:29 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
Nikra posted...
These forums seem to have a lot of hate for the Wii U, with the most common complaint is the drought of games it currently has... Which I can completely understand, for the record. At the same time, I'm not entirely sure why people seem to think this will always be the case, especially as the 3DS release is so recent. It was awful, for about a year, and is now really, really good.

If you look close, you will see that all the hate comes from people who have never even tried the Wii U LOL

My favorite part about these boards is the constant downplaying and reassurance from blatant Nintendo fanboys. The kind of people who would pretend everything was great for Nintendo if the console stopped selling right now.

The thing is, people are expecting Wii level sales, and that isn't going to happen.

Need a hug?
#2495_EclipsePosted 4/18/2013 10:15:20 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
Nikra posted...

Need a hug?

Nah, I'm not a fanboy so facts don't upset me.
---
#25MichaelDeAngeloPosted 4/18/2013 10:17:24 AM
The_Boredoms posted...
Dinglesteed posted...
Every console launch ever has been like this. It's not like they have 100+ games ready for launch. It takes time. People nowadays just want instant gratification.

People aren't any different now than they've ever been. You just frequent a forum where they have a voice.

They most certainly are different. Before the internet, people were never like this. Sure, you had one or two people who were zealots about it, but not to this extreme.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#26Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/18/2013 10:31:56 AM
Man, are you just unable to remember back through the history of the Wii? The Wii had a lot of 3rd party support... supporting it with shovelware essentially and so-so aspiring to be AAA type games. The really good games essentially all came from Nintendo and we only received like what, 2 great games per year? 3 if we were lucky? So no, your justification that the Wii has great 3rd party support means little to nothing because it was mostly junk. I mean, for goodness sakes, many Wii gamers actually considered Conduit as a great FPS, that thing was average at best. We even have fanboys like Wiilover07 on YouTube hyping up that game where you pretend the box or something is a drum,

No, the Wii didn't have great 3rd party support. If it wasn't for Wii Sports and Wii Fit, it would've had N64 type success at best.

I think we are saying similar things, you are misinterpreting what I posted.

I never said that the wii had great third party support, I simply said that it had better support than the wii u appears to be having, and even so it still suffered from bad droughts. My point is that the wii u is destined to have even worse droughts than the wii did, because its third party support is much worse.

I made no mention of sales. I know that wii sorts, wii fit, etc sold the casuals.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#27UponADarkThorne(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:35:50 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
Nikra posted...

For me, it has more to do with people counting Nintendo out of the race already, when they've proven more than once that you really can't count them out so quickly. When the 3DS came out, a lot of people hated it and said that it would fail - and it didn't. It had only a handful of good games...Until recently, with more on the way.

I see the Wii U following in the same way. It's also getting big name names; Injustice just came out, Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV have already been announced and I'm sure more is coming out - and that doesn't even include the next Mario Kart and Smash Bros. which do sell systems.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#2895_EclipsePosted 4/18/2013 11:22:11 AM

For me, it has more to do with people counting Nintendo out of the race already, when they've proven more than once that you really can't count them out so quickly. When the 3DS came out, a lot of people hated it and said that it would fail - and it didn't. It had only a handful of good games...Until recently, with more on the way.

I see the Wii U following in the same way. It's also getting big name names; Injustice just came out, Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV have already been announced and I'm sure more is coming out - and that doesn't even include the next Mario Kart and Smash Bros. which do sell systems.

Its a mixture of both really. The wii U wont flop as many predict, but it wont succeed like the Wii like fanboys predict.
---