For those who don't remember: Upon release the PS3 was a joke for QUITE a while

#1Cecil255Posted 4/18/2013 9:00:42 AM(edited)
Absolute fact. It was a powerful console that on paper should have blew the competition away and had plenty of support, but the games were horrible.

I've been a PS3 owner for over a year... I own the Vita as well and I can honestly say that just Nintendo Land was more fun than anything new I've played for a very long time.
#2Murderstorm117Posted 4/18/2013 9:00:32 AM
But it was a powerhouse and we knew games would take advantage of the power. Problem the wii u isn't a powerhouse and no developer wants to make games for it
---
Official Royal Kilted Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 4/18/2013 9:02:05 AM
just because you're a nintendo fanboy doesn't mean you have to lie about your purchases to make you feel better.
#4freezemanPosted 4/18/2013 9:02:13 AM
I mean, reassurance topic, but I will agree.

I actually got the ps3 when it dropped to $500 about a year after launch. I didn't really care for it again until 2009-2010. Everybody knows it takes times for good games to come out. There will always be those pointing out the negatives. No need to always respond with topics as it's just giving them what they want.
---
"The car in my battery died??? wtf" - Richie259
#5googlerPosted 4/18/2013 9:02:36 AM
For sure it was, bit what's Nintendo's excuse. They had every chance to learn and avoid the same problems
#6Cecil255(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 9:09:20 AM(edited)
Murderstorm117 posted...
But it was a powerhouse and we knew games would take advantage of the power. Problem the wii u isn't a powerhouse and no developer wants to make games for it

Well, I will agree the Wii U will not have as powerful hardware as the upcoming PS4 and 720. However, I won't be buying either because I don't like the direction games are going with shameless DLC, microtransactions, and always online.

Other gamers may happily become their own folly and buy what isn't good for them in the long run. The Wii U is truly innovative and fun. The TV and touch functionality of the Gamepad is awesome. Nintendo Land is awesome. I am not a fan of straight-up rehashes if that's what NSMBU is but I would say 360 and ps3 are no less guilty of rehashing for money.

Their Virtual Console is awesome and digital classics is a primary interest of mine. The fact that none of my PS3 stuff like psone classics are going to carry over was practically a dealbreak for me and pretty upsetting, why isn't it tied to my PSN account???

Better games will very likely come out, I don't need a bunch of 100+ hour games to be a timesink for me to worry about platinuming.
#7Crazy_tank51Posted 4/18/2013 9:06:15 AM
googler posted...
For sure it was, bit what's Nintendo's excuse. They had every chance to learn and avoid the same problems

Development times and juggling with 3DS. Not a perfect defense though. I think they were banking on NSMBU to hold up for months. Not the case.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#8kissdadookiePosted 4/18/2013 9:12:24 AM
For those who don't remember: PS3 never sold as abysmally as the Wii U is currently doing, ever.
#9FayeLadyPosted 4/18/2013 9:14:28 AM
Granted the PS3 never had the competition the Wii U had. The 360 and Wii were just starting, and the PS3 had BC with gaming's largest library at the time.

The Wii U has to deal with an extremely capable 360 and PS3 with 20 dollar libraries on the high side and mobile gaming on the low side.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10MotiJrPosted 4/18/2013 9:15:16 AM
Trolls. Trolls everywhere.