Nintendo discusses why it returns to existing franchises

#51DemonDog666Posted 4/18/2013 7:18:49 PM
amaravati posted...
And how many games can be considered unique, exceptional, or innovative. I personally thought Super Mario Galaxy was innovative.

Pretty much all worth playing are atleast one, and I'm talking about the countless mario spin offs not the main genre series.
#52TheGreatUnownPosted 4/18/2013 7:27:33 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
msunshine posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
That doesn't explain why they never make a new IP lol

I know it's you, but just for laughs: name 5 new ips sony made in the last two years.

That is some flawed logic right there.

"Hey Nintendo doesn't make new IP's". "Neither does Sony so it's OK".

Except they do. There's NintendoLand, Pushmo, Dillon's Rolling Western, HarmoKnight, Kersploosh, Fluidicity, and Freakyforms. Of course, due to people like you, they become forgotten and they go back to Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293 XBL:IronPatriot215
#53DelsinRowePosted 4/18/2013 7:30:10 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
msunshine posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

I know it's you, but just for laughs: name 5 new ips sony made in the last two years.

Except they do. There's NintendoLand, Pushmo, Dillon's Rolling Western, HarmoKnight, Kersploosh, Fluidicity, and Freakyforms. Of course, due to people like you, they become forgotten and they go back to Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda.

I've only heard of NintendoLand out of those games. Looks likes it is terrible marketing of new IPs to blame, not the customers.
---
You are not in control.
#54DemonDog666Posted 4/18/2013 7:35:04 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...

Nintendoland isn't a new IP, it's a mini game collection using a bunch of old IPs (like calling psasbr a new IP), pushmo I already said was a new IP that Nintendo made, the rest aren't even made by Nintendo except for freakyforms and I'm not even sure that's a game and they certainly aren't backed by Nintendo or high quality... I mean they only made and released 2 new IPs in the last year both of them DD games and very low quality, would it kill them to put as much effort into a new IP as they do mario spin offs?
#55Sailor GoonPosted 4/18/2013 7:36:12 PM
DelsinRowe posted...
TheGreatUnown posted...
msunshine posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

I've only heard of NintendoLand out of those games. Looks likes it is terrible marketing of new IPs to blame, not the customers.

Perhaps thats why they fall back on old franchises that everyone knows. They suck at marketing.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh