The wii U just MIGHT save gaming.

#1msunshinePosted 4/18/2013 3:46:30 PM
If nintendo refuses to go the same way others went.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
#2AstralFrostPosted 4/18/2013 3:55:36 PM
10/10 based on the title alone
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#3IloveElitePosted 4/18/2013 4:01:02 PM
Since when did gaming need to be saved?
---
NNID: Stevezen
Currently playing: MH3U and Lego City Undercover
#4Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/18/2013 4:33:34 PM
How exactly does one enter this fantasy land that the fanboys live in?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#5XSilverPhoenixXPosted 4/18/2013 4:44:25 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
How exactly does one enter this fantasy land that the fanboys live in?

Lots and LOTS of Magic Mushrooms.
#6Shinobi120Posted 4/18/2013 4:50:35 PM(edited)
Please, 3rd party publishers are just going to continue to be more stupid & ignore Nintendo's platforms with lower cost developments while they'll keep on foolishly making games like interactive movies & hiring hundreds upon hundreds of people just to make the games, increasing development costs & having longer ending credits (along with the excessive spending on marketing/advertising the games) on platforms with much more higher cost developments (Xbox 720 & PS4).
#7STE573Posted 4/18/2013 4:49:53 PM
If console gaming is heading the way the Wii U would have it I will gladly hang up my controllers and start playing sports instead.

Seriously.

We have Nintendo, a company that has managed to convince enough people to buy in to the same IP's over and over again that these games (that wouldn't survive as new IP these days because some of them live on the name alone) will comfortably outsell third party to the point third party dosen't want to put games on the Wii U.

We have Nintendo loyal consumers that act like they own shares in Nintendo and will demand so little that Nintendo doesn't see that they need to change things uo a bit to engage the core again.

And we have the Wii U, a console that has no idea if it wants to be core or casual to the point that neither audience is interested and the wider audience doesn't know what it is.

I think you'll find I make a fantastic point.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#8STE573Posted 4/18/2013 5:02:27 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Please, 3rd party publishers are just going to continue to be more stupid & ignore Nintendo's platforms with lower cost developments while they'll keep on foolishly making games like interactive movies & hiring hundreds upon hundreds of people just to make the games, increasing development costs & having longer ending credits (along with the excessive spending on marketing/advertising the games) on platforms with much more higher cost developments (Xbox 720 & PS4).

Remember 18 years ago when the PS1 came out and people said the same thing about development costs? Remember when the PS2 came out and people said the same thing? Remember when the PS3 came out and we had stacks of articles saying how photorealism was going to bankrupt the industry?

I consider people who bring this argument up to be either fairly new to gaming (which you aren't) or in some kind of bubble where you think that game development is as risky a business as gambling.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#9HungoverHero777Posted 4/18/2013 5:06:32 PM
STE573 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

Remember 18 years ago when the PS1 came out and people said the same thing about development costs? Remember when the PS2 came out and people said the same thing? Remember when the PS3 came out and we had stacks of articles saying how photorealism was going to bankrupt the industry?

I consider people who bring this argument up to be either fairly new to gaming (which you aren't) or in some kind of bubble where you think that game development is as risky a business as gambling.

We'll see. The economy isn't doing as well as it was during the PS1 and PS2.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#10Shinobi120Posted 4/18/2013 5:07:12 PM
STE573 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

Not entirely new to gaming, as I've been gaming since the NES days.

Photorealism last gen with PS3/360 may not have bankrupted the industry, but they've certainly put many studios under. Even those like Factor 5 who used to be with Nintendo that bailed out on them for PS3/360 went bankrupt.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514914

And next gen will be even worse. I can foresee most 3rd party companies going under next gen (especially western 3rd parties) when they're already having trouble financially & that they had to shut many studios down due to PS3/360 development.