The wii U just MIGHT save gaming.

#41DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/18/2013 11:33:45 PM
Quote:DesperateMonkey posted...
Quote:TalentedM posted...
Then you have the other 2 which are doing the exact same things.

I have said this before here and other places, the gaming industry is currently stagnant and filled to the brim with 2's and 3's and having to add more names to something to make it break out from the rest.

Count the assassin creeds, call of duty, halo, god of wars. Count the stream of marios and zeldas... etc.

This is the reason I support a lot of smaller companies and the nice fresh breath of air that the indie community brings to the table with great looking GAMES. Not interactive movies or the stream of s*** the current industry tries to plow into every gamer now with "epic" battles and mountain dew commercials.

You make a fantastic point about the game industry in general. I think you will find I also make a fantastic point.

I completely agree with this post. The entire gaming industry needs a wake-up call.
@Shinobi120

What a bunch of scrubs. U think sequels are rampant THIS generation? In reality, this generation ranks average at best compared to the last 5 gens. Quite a joke indeed. Maybe game for two or three generations before making these stupid claims about "unique" trends in gaming.

Sequels come out faster than ever. Only sports games did that in other gens.

@msunshine

Okay please stop pretending you were in other generations. Like the last one for example.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#42msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:38:21 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Quote:DesperateMonkey posted...
Quote:TalentedM posted...
Then you have the other 2 which are doing the exact same things.

I have said this before here and other places, the gaming industry is currently stagnant and filled to the brim with 2's and 3's and having to add more names to something to make it break out from the rest.

Count the assassin creeds, call of duty, halo, god of wars. Count the stream of marios and zeldas... etc.

This is the reason I support a lot of smaller companies and the nice fresh breath of air that the indie community brings to the table with great looking GAMES. Not interactive movies or the stream of s*** the current industry tries to plow into every gamer now with "epic" battles and mountain dew commercials.

You make a fantastic point about the game industry in general. I think you will find I also make a fantastic point.

I completely agree with this post. The entire gaming industry needs a wake-up call.
@Shinobi120

What a bunch of scrubs. U think sequels are rampant THIS generation? In reality, this generation ranks average at best compared to the last 5 gens. Quite a joke indeed. Maybe game for two or three generations before making these stupid claims about "unique" trends in gaming.

Sequels come out faster than ever. Only sports games did that in other gens.

@msunshine

Okay please stop pretending you were in other generations. Like the last one for example.

Been gaming since the fourth gen. Fast sequels started in the fifth. Mostly ea puttin out their NHL, NFL etcetera games. Feel free to correct me WITH FACTS.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
#43DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/18/2013 11:41:56 PM
Facts like Metacritic's? Do your own homework scrub. The vast majority of PS2 games are sequels. The vast majority of nes and SNES games were clones. They had less total games but in the games that they had there was much less variety so in proportion they were actually far worse than both the Xbox and PS3. The fact that you think sports games were the only kinds of sequels is a hilarious joke.

You kids really need to stop making these comparisons. Seriously you guys don't have a clue. Sequels has never affected the success of a generation. In fact the only correlation seems to be that every generation which possesses more sequels seems to be more successful.
---
#44msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:46:10 PM
Facts like Metacritic's? Do your own homework scrub. The vast majority of PS2 games are sequels. The vast majority of nes and SNES games were clones. They had less total games but in the games that they had there was much less variety so in proportion they were actually far worse than both the Xbox and PS3. The fact that you think sports games were the only kinds of sequels is a hilarious joke.

You kids really need to stop making these comparisons. Seriously you guys don't have a clue. Sequels has never affected the success of a generation. In fact the only correlation seems to be that every generation which possesses more sequels seems to be more successful.

You angry, bro? I said stick to go facts. Go ahead, name series that have the same rate of releases in the 4th, 5th and 6th and seventh gen as COD, uncharted, or GOW.
---
#45DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/18/2013 11:55:45 PM(edited)
Wow you are such a lightweight.... Really this kind of idiocy isn't even worth answering. Have you never even heard of the J RPG genre?

GoW??? It has FOUR games... Thats nothing.

Also I don't need to provide anything. Metacritic's is public information. If you are too stupid to pull down the list of PS2 games and see that the top 200 games are 90% sequels then you are just being stupid.

By the way there are three grand theft auto games in like the top 10 for PS2....

---
#46GoombaXPosted 4/18/2013 11:59:47 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
How exactly does one enter this fantasy land that the fanboys live in?

yea gaming is in a vegetative state, nintendo is just the feeding tube.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#47DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/19/2013 12:04:41 AM
Nintendo is the worst selling in software and hardware at the moment... You've got to be pretty desperate to make that statement.
---
#48GoombaXPosted 4/19/2013 12:06:54 AM
Nintendo is the worst selling in software and hardware at the moment... You've got to be pretty desperate to make that statement.

He's talking about classic gaming none of this braindead crap we have now,alouth i am glad to see a few third party companies push for excellence
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#49DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/19/2013 12:13:14 AM(edited)
So apparently shooting people in call of duty is brain-dead. But running left and right with only eight corrections to shoot in is considered genius?

Oh look another hipster!

The only thing that's brain-dead are the people who will repeat these bandwagon hipster arguments.
---
#50msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 12:26:29 AM
Wow you are such a lightweight.... Really this kind of idiocy isn't even worth answering. Have you never even heard of the J RPG genre?

GoW??? It has FOUR games... Thats nothing.

Also I don't need to provide anything. Metacritic's is public information. If you are too stupid to pull down the list of PS2 games and see that the top 200 games are 90% sequels then you are just being stupid.

By the way there are three grand theft auto games in like the top 10 for PS2....

God of war bro. And unless you provide facts, you are just talking out of your ***. Three GtA games in the lifespan of the ps 2 is much? Compare that to the rate at which sequels come out this gen.
---