This board seems to be most excited for a re-release of an 18 year old game.

#11AhnoldDoodPosted 4/19/2013 1:09:31 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
How dare they get excited for a game that they want to play! Especially when places like Europe didn't even have the game originally!

But that's all they're excited about. On a normal game console board like the PS3, this sort of thing would take up a niche cult following, and only a few topics will be made for it. But since it's the only game coming out, old or not, people are swarming to it.

lolno. Even if Mario Kart Wii U was releasing on the same day, people would still talk about nothing but Earthbound.
#12Schwepps01Posted 4/19/2013 1:15:38 AM(edited)
AhnoldDood posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
How dare they get excited for a game that they want to play! Especially when places like Europe didn't even have the game originally!

But that's all they're excited about. On a normal game console board like the PS3, this sort of thing would take up a niche cult following, and only a few topics will be made for it. But since it's the only game coming out, old or not, people are swarming to it.

lolno. Even if Mario Kart Wii U was releasing on the same day, people would still talk about nothing but Earthbound.

Lol. I love that about you Nintendo devotees. Each and every release by Nintendo generates sales and hype--each one is a mandatory buy, even though it's the same rehashed boring characters and tracks. That's because there's absolutely nothing else on the console. On the PS3, if Sony releases Gran Turismo, I don't need to buy that because I think it sucks. I will instead buy Wipeout, or perhaps a 3rd party game like Burnout or Need for Speed.

If there's a certain game coming out on the Wii U that's not terrible, everyone knows about it. Everyone talks about it and everyone is going to buy it. Everyone waits in anticipation. On the PS3, you'll have people talking all sorts of games released, and to be released.
---
#13StrongBlackVinePosted 4/19/2013 1:14:51 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

That is lie.
#14AhnoldDoodPosted 4/19/2013 1:16:06 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Lol. I love that about you Nintendo devotees. Each and every release by Nintendo generates sales and hype--each one is a mandatory buy, even though it's the same rehashed boring characters and tracks. That's because there's absolutely nothing else on the console. On the PS3, if Sony releases Gran Turismo, I don't need to buy that because I think it sucks. I will instead buy Wipeout, or perhaps a 3rd party game like Burnout or Need for Speed.

What in the flapping f*** am I reading.
#15squatch22Posted 4/19/2013 1:16:22 AM
We know Link to the Past is Reggie's fave game. Wonder if Earthbound is up there too.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#16LinkMaster2703Posted 4/19/2013 1:17:43 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Incompetence.
#17GoombaXPosted 4/19/2013 1:17:53 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

lol i was thinking the same thing.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#18Schwepps01Posted 4/19/2013 1:21:15 AM
I see the Nintendrones are out in full force tonight. Please refute my points, instead of making personal insults at me. What's wrong about what I'm saying? I'm making a valid argument on why I think the PS3 is a better system. If you think you can correct me, go right ahead, but dismissing my argument as ridiculous proves nothing.
#19AhnoldDoodPosted 4/19/2013 1:24:04 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
I see the Nintendrones are out in full force tonight. Please refute my points, instead of making personal insults at me. What's wrong about what I'm saying? I'm making a valid argument on why I think the PS3 is a better system. If you think you can correct me, go right ahead, but dismissing my argument as ridiculous proves nothing.

So in reality your half-arsed post was a poorly disguised "My consoles better, lol" post. Its also funny how you talk about how everyone in the PS3 board is talking about every upcoming game, yet all I see are topics of old games. LOL guess the PS3 haz no gaems, huh?
#20_FalstaffPosted 4/19/2013 1:24:21 AM
It's been a day since the announcement of the release of a game that a small group of people have been advocating for for 10 years. It shouldn't be surprising there are a lot of topics about a current announcement. It only makes sense. For example, if the newest Zelda game had been announced with a trailer and game details, we would have seen dozens of topics about it.

You chose possibly the worst time to judge the level of excitement for a game or the general level of excitement for other games.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.