This board seems to be most excited for a re-release of an 18 year old game.

#111TsuzuruPosted 4/19/2013 4:17:40 AM
senelcoolidge_ posted...
Tsuzuru posted...
Earbound has aged really badly and the combat system is one of the worst, plus the terrible encounter rate.

"I don't like the game so NOBODY should."

Did i say anywhere in that post i hated the game? No, try reading with your eyes open.
#112Tom_Green_IIPosted 4/19/2013 4:19:56 AM
Kenichi34 posted...
Earthbound is a pretty loved series that's been mostly mostly exclusive to Japan and hasn't been seen in the US since the SNES era. Of course they're excited that Nintendo finally listened and gave its US fans a bone. It has nothing to do with the Wii U's library (or lack thereof so far).

And of course this board seems the most excited about it. It's been released on THIS system!

Badreview posted...
Buretsu posted...
Badreview posted...
Still happy to see my WiiU sold.

And here we see to the heart of the matter: Reassurance.

LOL, no just funny to see how sad Nintendo has become.

How is it sad that they finally listened to their fans requesting for a re-release of a beloved classic?

It's sad because people have been requesting this for the Wii when Nintendo had a larger audience than they do now. What exactly has changed between 2007 and now? Did they finally get those legal issues worked out? If so, why weren't they worked out before during the Wii era when people originally asked for it?

It breaks my heart to see how far Nintendo has fallen. But at the same time, they did this to themselves. If you don't listen to your fans until it's wayyyyyyy too late (releasing the Project Rainfall games late into the Wii's lifecycle, this whole Earthbound debacle), then you deserve all the terrible things that will happen to you.

I'm glad they're finally taking measures to un-screw everything up, but they really need to lay it on if they want more sales.

And I don't care about 3DS, or the countless new releases of 30 year old franchises, innovation doesn't just come from a new way to control a game (In fact, if the Wii is anything to go by, you could even argue that new controls could even be detrimental to the whole process).
#113senelcoolidge_Posted 4/19/2013 4:21:33 AM
Tsuzuru posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...
Tsuzuru posted...
Earbound has aged really badly and the combat system is one of the worst, plus the terrible encounter rate.

Did i say anywhere in that post i hated the game? No, try reading with your eyes open.

>aged badly
>worst combat system
>terrible encounter rate

I like the game, guys. Couldn't you tell from my post? XD
#114TsuzuruPosted 4/19/2013 4:24:29 AM
senelcoolidge_ posted...
Tsuzuru posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...
Tsuzuru posted...

>aged badly
>worst combat system
>terrible encounter rate

There's hundreds of games i liked in the past that today don't hold up.
How about you go back and play games from 18 years ago and see how you enjoy them now....
#115senelcoolidge_Posted 4/19/2013 4:27:53 AM
Tsuzuru posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...
Tsuzuru posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...
Tsuzuru posted...

>aged badly
>worst combat system
>terrible encounter rate

There's hundreds of games i liked in the past that today don't hold up.
How about you go back and play games from 18 years ago and see how you enjoy them now....

Yeah, I do that everyday and still enjoy the countless classics and niche games that I played when I was a kid, which was 20+ years ago.
#116BoomerTheGreatPosted 4/19/2013 4:41:16 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
How dare they get excited for a game that they want to play! Especially when places like Europe didn't even have the game originally!

But that's all they're excited about. On a normal game console board like the PS3, this sort of thing would take up a niche cult following, and only a few topics will be made for it. But since it's the only game coming out, old or not, people are swarming to it.

lolno. Even if Mario Kart Wii U was releasing on the same day, people would still talk about nothing but Earthbound.

Lol. I love that about you Nintendo devotees. Each and every release by Nintendo generates sales and hype--each one is a mandatory buy, even though it's the same rehashed boring characters and tracks. That's because there's absolutely nothing else on the console. On the PS3, if Sony releases Gran Turismo, I don't need to buy that because I think it sucks. I will instead buy Wipeout, or perhaps a 3rd party game like Burnout or Need for Speed.

If there's a certain game coming out on the Wii U that's not terrible, everyone knows about it. Everyone talks about it and everyone is going to buy it. Everyone waits in anticipation. On the PS3, you'll have people talking all sorts of games released, and to be released.

So this confirmed that the trolls are mindless. Good read
---
Greatness comes from within
#117Neo_Saturos123Posted 4/19/2013 5:11:15 AM
MathewManson posted...
It's not a remake...

Yeah. Unfortunately. It could be worth getting if it was. I already beat Earthbound on an emulator, so I have no reason to care . The game is horribly overrated by the way.
---
I'll incorrectly your ass so hard you'll be crapping erroneous for weeks! - Cosmic from Random Insanity
#118Schwepps01Posted 4/19/2013 5:19:29 AM
Neo_Saturos123 posted...
MathewManson posted...
It's not a remake...

Yeah. Unfortunately. It could be worth getting if it was. I already beat Earthbound on an emulator, so I have no reason to care . The game is horribly overrated by the way.

I feel like the fetus thing is 90% of the discussion based around the game. The rest of it is worthless because the game itself isn't good.
#119Rasputin77Posted 4/19/2013 5:27:50 AM
TC, they are excited... because this console needs that excitement. It's that simple. Notice the "Whuu, it's a video game board, we shouldn't get excited about video games?" responses? Yeah, they call that 'deflecting' in psychology... or 'spinning' if you wish.

Also, anyone else notice that Schwepps posts on the first page are mostly level-headed in nature, despite opinion or stance... where Ahnold on the other hand:

Lolno
your half-arsed
your simple-minded opinionů its idiotic
go back to school
you suck at logic
Cute
when you're not too busy sucking the PS3
nice try
Your crap logic

LMAO... I'd stop poking fun at this board if you all didn't make it so easy.

So is "Lolno" the new catchphrase now, dood?
---
Wii U apologists... please stop trying so hard.
#120freutty2Posted 4/19/2013 5:45:25 AM
Its not a re-release, I think Miyamoto said he wanted a Link to The Past to go on the 3DS. They made a brand new game using its overworld.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979