Drop the 'rehashes' thing already. EVERYBODY does it.

#1digiblasterPosted 4/19/2013 2:05:14 AM
Let's take a look at the top 25 best selling games for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii:

360 has four original titles: (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0&results=200)

Kinect Adventures!
Kinect Sports
Assassin's Creed
Gears of War

PS3 has three original titles: (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=200)

Little Big Planet
Uncharted
Assassin's Creed

Wii has three original titles: (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=Wii&genre=&minSales=0&results=200)

Wii Sports
Just Dance
Zumba Fitness

Note: I'm not counting all the other games in the 'Wii' series such as Wii Fit, Wii Party, etc.

The titles aren't necessarily brilliant, but this proves the point. Everything is sequel-oriented now. People don't want to take risks. Hell, look at the film industry; it's the same story there. Take a look at this image:

http://media2.firstshowing.net/firstshowing/img5/infographic-hollywoodcreativity-full.jpg

It's far more profitable, and easier, to create sequels to existing stories and worlds.

I'm not saying Nintendo aren't guilty of 'overusing' Mario and co., but they aren't the only ones that do it. While Nintendo do use Mario in a much larger number of games, a lot of them are different 'series' so to speak - Mario Kart plays very differently to Mario Party, for example, and he is far less integral to the SSB series compared to the NSMB series.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#2Schwepps01Posted 4/19/2013 2:09:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3ninsony12Posted 4/19/2013 2:47:00 AM
#4knightimexPosted 4/19/2013 4:25:49 AM
#5ninsony12Posted 4/19/2013 4:29:37 AM
#6AndoMikePosted 4/19/2013 4:59:07 AM
But, but, but Killzone 9 and Gears of War 13 are coming out!!! They aren't rehashes! Only Nintendo rehashes games!!!
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike
#7Schwepps01Posted 4/19/2013 5:02:27 AM
AndoMike posted...
But, but, but Killzone 9 and Gears of War 13 are coming out!!! They aren't rehashes! Only Nintendo rehashes games!!!

1. if i want i can ignore those games and still play others. nintendo doesnt have that luxury, since they have lim as x->infinity of 1/x amount of support.

2. this is a nintendo board, so i'm discussing nintendo's flaws. other companies doing it doesn't mean what nintendo is doing is suddenly justified.
---
/
#8AndoMikePosted 4/19/2013 5:04:31 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
AndoMike posted...

1. if i want i can ignore those games and still play others. nintendo doesnt have that luxury, since they have lim as x->infinity of 1/x amount of support.

2. this is a nintendo board, so i'm discussing nintendo's flaws. other companies doing it doesn't mean what nintendo is doing is suddenly justified.

Im not trying to justify anything. All Im saying is that if you have a problem with games you consider to be "rehashes" then don't play them and don't waste eveyones time posting about it. No one posts thousands of topics about other consoles and their "rehash" games; but the moment another Mario game comes out it is immediately a failure on Nintendo's part and the whole world must be told.
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike
#9Schwepps01Posted 4/19/2013 5:07:52 AM
Read Point 1 again. I said that nintendo is more noticeable in this trend because they only have themselves to rely on. no third party support implies that i can't ignore these games. new mario means i must play it, what else does nintendo have to offer?
#10ninsony12Posted 4/19/2013 5:10:13 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
Read Point 1 again. I said that nintendo is more noticeable in this trend because they only have themselves to rely on. no third party support implies that i can't ignore these games. new mario means i must play it, what else does nintendo have to offer?

Use google.
---
Wii sports sold zero copies - demon dog