Drop the 'rehashes' thing already. EVERYBODY does it.

#11AndoMikePosted 4/19/2013 4:15:34 AM
ninsony12 posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
Read Point 1 again. I said that nintendo is more noticeable in this trend because they only have themselves to rely on. no third party support implies that i can't ignore these games. new mario means i must play it, what else does nintendo have to offer?

Use google.

Seriously ^^^

Mario is not the only game that came out for the WiiU. Ill say it again, if you don't want to play the games then don't play them and leave it at that. Theres no need to come here and flood the site with these worthless topics. I currently have 11 games for the WiiU; only one is a Mario game. Pretty sure theres more available than just a Mario game. If you don't want it then don't get it; its that simple.
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike
#12huyiPosted 4/19/2013 4:57:18 AM
it's not the rehashes we have to worry about, its the hd remasters that are polluting the game industry and film industry too, everyone is taking the lazy approach and they don't want to come up with anything original anymore.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#13DemonDog666Posted 4/19/2013 6:25:31 AM
Um ps3 also has demon souls, infamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Tokyo Jungle, MAG, Journey, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain, Folklore ect. not to mention multiplats like cathrine, batman AA and mirror's edge, and those are just games that aren't sequels, twisted metal and x-com enemy unknown certainly aren't rehashes in any way.
#14msunshinePosted 4/19/2013 6:27:46 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Um ps3 also has demon souls, infamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Tokyo Jungle, MAG, Journey, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain, Folklore ect. not to mention multiplats like cathrine, batman AA and mirror's edge, and those are just games that aren't sequels, twisted metal and x-com enemy unknown certainly aren't rehashes in any way.

X-com is the very definition of a rehash.

Learn to check facts.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
#15DemonDog666Posted 4/19/2013 6:31:52 AM(edited)
msunshine posted...

Learn to check facts.

No nsmb is the definition of a rehash. X-com enemy unknown is very different from the originals.
#16Oni_TaedoPosted 4/19/2013 6:33:27 AM
DemonDog666 posted...

If Twisted Metal was a rehash, it would have been playable.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#17Oni_TaedoPosted 4/19/2013 6:39:09 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
msunshine posted...

Learn to check facts.

No nsmb is the definition of a rehash. X-com enemy unknown is very different from the originals.

I was demanding Nintendo bring back the Squirrel suit from SMBW3DL9001.
And the level structure from SMW is soooo overused, nowadays. People seem to be treating it like Nintendo hasn't made a game of SMW quality since SMW came out.

NSMBU is a sequel. The point of a sequel, is to take what past games have done, and build upon them. That's what NSMBU did. I won't comment on X-Com, as it's in first-person, which instantly means it has little to no redeeming qualities, so no matter what good it does have, it doesn't matter, because the game keeps insisting that I'm in the lead role, when I'm very well aware that I'm just a bloke holding a doohickey that is linked to the center part of the main characters brain, and will force him to start singing songs from old Disney movies in Elvish, if he disobeys my commands.
---
#18Lord LizardPosted 4/19/2013 6:39:43 AM
To be fair, out of all the rehashing companies do, I've always felt Nintendo was tolerable because they always tried to change things up a bit with each iteration...
Until NSMB came along, at least. With the exception of the 4 player mode introduction, which was a blast by the way.
---
I need a signature...
#19Oni_TaedoPosted 4/19/2013 6:39:43 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
Read Point 1 again. I said that nintendo is more noticeable in this trend because they only have themselves to rely on. no third party support implies that i can't ignore these games. new mario means i must play it, what else does nintendo have to offer?

Wait... if Nintendo is getting no third party support, then what the hell have I been playing Injustice on?! EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

WHAT AM I PAYING FOOOOOR?!
---
#20JobocanPosted 4/19/2013 7:01:47 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
msunshine posted...

Learn to check facts.

I won't comment on X-Com, as it's in first-person, which instantly means it has little to no redeeming qualities, so no matter what good it does have, it doesn't matter, because the game keeps insisting that I'm in the lead role, when I'm very well aware that I'm just a bloke holding a doohickey that is linked to the center part of the main characters brain, and will force him to start singing songs from old Disney movies in Elvish, if he disobeys my commands.

The latest X-Com isn't a first-person game, it's a top-down turn-based strategy game. Derp.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection