Why is Wii U software selling so poorly?

#1Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/19/2013 5:29:53 AM
Whether or not you think the Wii U is selling well or not (it's not) what is undeniable is that its software is selling quite poorly. This is not likely to entice the already hesitant thrd party devs to support the wii u.

Is there any blatant reason why wii u games still are not selling well? I might just be missing something.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#2monkeyspoonPosted 4/19/2013 5:31:13 AM
The mods will probably remove this topic because they are biased.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon. Can't wait for the PS4 to be released. Gamefaqs mods are biased towards Nintendo.
#3Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 5:33:10 AM

Eh. I don't think they will. I am asking a serious question.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#4DBeanPosted 4/19/2013 5:51:46 AM
I think it all comes down to them not having that game that really sells the system's main feature to potential buyers. It doesn't help that Nintendo has released a whopping three first-party games at this point. I do think Nintendo Land was fun, and I think their intent on that was to showcase the many franchises they do have for future titles down the line, but it's just not the same as the Wii phenomenon.

As for why third-party games aren't selling well, it doesn't take much effort to see why there. EA has yet to release a non-late port, and in one case, actually offered a trilogy of the same series to the other two consoles (kind of like why Snake Eater 3DS bombed when you had the MGS Collection). To be honest, there have been very few third-party offerings that look like they're even trying to me to date. It's just been late ports or games that just don't quite get it right to this point.

I still think Rayman would have had the best shot of being a nice little third-party mini success since Nintendo and platformers seem to do well. Don't get me wrong, I doubt it ever would have taken off, but it had a shot thanks to this huge drought of at least hitting the six-digit mark which it couldn't even do on the HD consoles combined until the price cut.

So yeah. Lack of software and lack of quality or timing in other software are my guesses here.
#5Rasputin77Posted 4/19/2013 5:53:33 AM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Eh. I don't think they will. I am asking a serious question.

A serious question? That means you are a troll... TROLL!! ;)

I will say, on-topic, that they just lost a sale of Injustice - I took that f***er back for the PS3 version. Shoddy online infrastructure, and diagonal jumping on the gamepad digital pad was a chore - I haven't had one missed jump on the PS3 yet.

When one of your big releases is inferior to its counterpart on either of the 6-year old competitors' systems... meeeeeh. Let's just say I'll be a LOT more careful about purchasing anything on this system that isn't an exclusive from now on.

Oh. **waves green flag...** Let the crying commence!
---
Wii U apologists... please stop trying so hard.
#6MegagunstarmanPosted 4/19/2013 5:57:28 AM
because nintendo fans grew up and moved on to mature games like gta and killzone
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#7ninsony12Posted 4/19/2013 6:00:32 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
because nintendo fans grew up and moved on to mature games like gta and killzone

HAHA:)

I think this was a joke right?
---
Wii sports sold zero copies - demon dog
#8Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 4/19/2013 6:06:20 AM
DBean pretty well summed it up for me.

Megagunstarman posted...

Keep telling yourself that pal.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#9FayeLadyPosted 4/19/2013 6:13:16 AM
Because it lacks a stand out game, and it was released to competitive forces It can't handle without out a stand out game.

You can have a 360/PS3 already or not, chances are you'll find something in one of those systems 20 dollar bins that will keep you more entertained than on the Wii U's 60-50 dollar shelf. Currently, the other systems are not only the better hardware buy, they are the better continued investment. Nintendo needs a game that changes that.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10Crazy_tank51Posted 4/19/2013 6:14:29 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Whether or not you think the Wii U is selling well or not (it's not) what is undeniable is that its software is selling quite poorly. This is not likely to entice the already hesitant thrd party devs to support the wii u.

Is there any blatant reason why wii u games still are not selling well? I might just be missing something.

Because the line-up of good games (inb4mario9001) aren't out yet. Once the Wii U picks back up, those 3rd parties will come running back.

Don't believe me? Look at all the 3rd party support that ran from Sony like they were contagious when PS3 was doing poorly. When it picked back up in sales, they came back. 3rd parties follow where the crowd is at atm. Get it?
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.