Why is Wii U software selling so poorly?

#151splodeymissilePosted 4/19/2013 2:56:28 PM
Baha05 posted...
Badreview posted...
Which again proves my point that the PS4 has much more potential than the WiiU.

But the Wii U still has potential, all the console have the potential. The PS4 also has the potential to fail.

Too early to tell if the PS4 is going to fail there are absolutely no indicators that it will. However there are indicators that the WiiU is failing and it doesn't have potential.

The WiiU doesn't have potential graphically it didn't push boundaries like the 360 did compared to the LAST gen.

But the gamepad has potential gameplay-wise. And that's why people play games. Those who play games for graphics are better off watching a movie.
---
I've seen the colour of my soul and it's black.
Nintendo network ID: missile
#152BadreviewPosted 4/19/2013 2:58:34 PM

Also the Wii U is already showing graphics that again, took the last gen years to get, imagine what they'll look like years from now if the system succeeds

And the WiiU is failing to keep up with PS4 and Most likely 720 graphically.

Again Why do you keep on ignoring that Unreal Engine 4 has to be Dramatically downscale while the PS4 doesn't?

Why is Frostbite Engine 3 not even compatible with WiiU?

These ENGINES are NEXT GEN ENGINES FOR NEXT GEN CONSOLES which Nintendo FAILS graphically.

because the tech in the WiiU is GARBAGE.

Apparently you wrote a rule saying it HAS to take a year to see if a Console fails when technically Nintendo already has with the WiiU.
#153BadreviewPosted 4/19/2013 3:01:06 PM
splodeymissile posted...
Baha05 posted...
Badreview posted...

But the Wii U still has potential, all the console have the potential. The PS4 also has the potential to fail.

Too early to tell if the PS4 is going to fail there are absolutely no indicators that it will. However there are indicators that the WiiU is failing and it doesn't have potential.

The WiiU doesn't have potential graphically it didn't push boundaries like the 360 did compared to the LAST gen.

But the gamepad has potential gameplay-wise. And that's why people play games. Those who play games for graphics are better off watching a movie.

Depends, the gamepad doesn't provide much innovation. Many of the Innovations of what we were showed was already similar to the DS.
#154splodeymissilePosted 4/19/2013 3:07:41 PM
splodeymissile posted...
Baha05 posted...
Badreview posted...

Depends, the gamepad doesn't provide much innovation. Many of the Innovations of what we were showed was already similar to the DS.

True, but you couldn't scan you're surroundings like in Zonbiu with a ds. Who knows what people will think of. The Ps4 will have shiny graphics and a few features like the share button, but it's gonna be more of the same.
---
I've seen the colour of my soul and it's black.
Nintendo network ID: missile
#155Baha05Posted 4/19/2013 3:07:59 PM
Badreview posted...
Again Why do you keep on ignoring that Unreal Engine 4 has to be Dramatically downscale while the PS4 doesn't?

These ENGINES are NEXT GEN ENGINES FOR NEXT GEN CONSOLES which Nintendo FAILS graphically.

Apparently you wrote a rule saying it HAS to take a year to see if a Console fails when technically Nintendo already has with the WiiU.

The PS4 will be downgraded in some sense

They aren't trying to support Frostbite 3 but it's not to say it's impossible (same with Unreal 4)

And again we have yet to see the true graphics of the Wii U

Then why are you on the Wii U boards, go somewhere else if you hate the console.

And yeah a year is a good time for a system to be truly judged. Technically the Wii U is still selling, it'sd still being manufactured, there are still games coming out on it, so it has not failed. It'll only fail when they discontinue it in the fastest way possible, just like the Virtual Boy,
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#156BadreviewPosted 4/19/2013 3:12:00 PM
Baha05 posted...
Badreview posted...

The PS4 will be downgraded in some sense

They aren't trying to support Frostbite 3 but it's not to say it's impossible (same with Unreal 4)

And again we have yet to see the true graphics of the Wii U

Then why are you on the Wii U boards, go somewhere else if you hate the console.

And yeah a year is a good time for a system to be truly judged. Technically the Wii U is still selling, it'sd still being manufactured, there are still games coming out on it, so it has not failed. It'll only fail when they discontinue it in the fastest way possible, just like the Virtual Boy,

PS4 will still be tecnologically superior no matter how you put it.

The True Graphics of the Wii U are not going to be impressive at all compared to the PS4 and the XBOX720 the specs of the WIIU is nothing but proof.

Just because the WiiU is still selling doesn't mean it still isn't failing. The Dreamcast was still selling upon Sega's demise in the console business.
#157BadreviewPosted 4/19/2013 3:14:22 PM

True, but you couldn't scan you're surroundings like in Zonbiu with a ds. Who knows what people will think of. The Ps4 will have shiny graphics and a few features like the share button, but it's gonna be more of the same.

At-least it's pushing boundaries of the last gen graphically and online features like MS did with the 360.

You could scan your surroundings by pressing the analog stick. What's the huge innovation again? Because you have to look at a Second Screen to do something else? LIKE THE DS?
#158excitebike64Posted 4/19/2013 3:15:19 PM
cmdrdredd posted...
excitebike64 posted...
cmdrdredd posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Still seems pretty small. I'll glance at the articles, but I really think it is the portable systems that are keeping it alive. i.e. Tablets. PCs are selling less and less every year.

The whole article and the numbers posted were for PC only. Not mobile devices.

Laptops, desktops, WIndows, Linux, Mac only.

I'm not sure this can 100% be proved. Streaming can be done on tablets and PCs. So someone can buy an expensive tablet/controller and play steam games without a PC. And in terms of facebook... those can be played on anything. Are they not counting facebook games or pogo??? If not, maybe there is a point. But I have a feeling they are counting facebook. This is a merger of portable and PC.

retail and digital sales of retail titles.

What about those cards that people buy to advance the game? Such as a Farmville gift card? This is 100% not counted? I think a graph would help clear up these questions.
#159Baha05Posted 4/19/2013 3:15:27 PM
Badreview posted...

The True Graphics of the Wii U are not going to be impressive at all compared to the PS4 and the XBOX720 the specs of the WIIU is nothing but proof.

Just because the WiiU is still selling doesn't mean it still isn't failing. The Dreamcast was still selling upon Sega's demise in the console business.

And PC will always trump PS4 and consoles in general.

While graphics on the Wii U can impress people later on in life. Hell we don't even know anything of the 720 yet. In the end it'll all boil down to games.

And Sega had other issues going on in terms of the Dreamcast failing, none of which are problems Nintendo is facing. Hell the Wii U could flop and guess what? Nintendo wouldn't go under from it.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#160BadreviewPosted 4/19/2013 3:19:39 PM
Baha05 posted...
Badreview posted...

And PC will always trump PS4 and consoles in general.

While graphics on the Wii U can impress people later on in life. Hell we don't even know anything of the 720 yet. In the end it'll all boil down to games.

And Sega had other issues going on in terms of the Dreamcast failing, none of which are problems Nintendo is facing. Hell the Wii U could flop and guess what? Nintendo wouldn't go under from it.

Of course but they ALWAYS have which wasn't the point, it was about pushing boundaries of the last gen which Nintendo failed to do.

Sorry but the WiiU can't AGAIN UNREAL ENGINE 4 being downscaled and no Frostbite Engine 3.

That was more about what you said about Nintendo still SELLING consoles, which means donkey as the sales are too low for the WiiU.