Why is Wii U software selling so poorly?

#161Baha05Posted 4/19/2013 3:25:19 PM
Badreview posted...
Of course but they ALWAYS have which wasn't the point, it was about pushing boundaries of the last gen which Nintendo failed to do.

Sorry but the WiiU can't AGAIN UNREAL ENGINE 4 being downscaled and no Frostbite Engine 3.

That was more about what you said about Nintendo still SELLING consoles, which means donkey as the sales are too low for the WiiU.

Except pushing the boundaries isn't the point of the topic at hand. It's just some tangent you went off on because your original point of the Wii U needing ports is flawed logic.

Engines are often scaled down for systems because of limitations. Even on the PS4 there will be SOME limitations. And if devs wanted too they could port Unreal 4 to the Wii U (And Frostbite 3 if they wanted to)

And even if sales are too low the only way the Wii U will fail is a short life span. We are talking a year at best. Which chances are it's not going to happen. More so because Nintendo could easily announce incentives to keep the system afloat and even reveal games early to drive up the hype.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#162rancidpnxPosted 4/19/2013 4:52:15 PM
Trixone posted...
rancidpnx posted...
I personally wish Nintendo would drop out of the home console market altogether and focus their resources on their hand held systems. To me, that is where Nintendo is at it's best.

You'd be doing them a favour and pushing them to their grave. The mobile market is fiercer and not only that, the system-handheld (non-mobile devices) slice of the pie is shrinking even more. Now, if they released those games for the mobile or a .99 cent version of mario, zelda, etc. it would help them tremendously.

I do realize this is becoming the case. However, Nintendo has consistently crushed competitors in the hand held market. And I'm sure people will have differing opinions on this, but if Nintendo had been the ones to do a hand held with many of the features Vita has, I would have gladly dropped the money for it based on pat Nintendo hand held performances. I just think Nintendo could do much more for hardcore 1st party fans, casuals, and new gamers alike with hand helds only. The economics of it could potentially work greatly in their favor as well...
#163BadreviewPosted 4/23/2013 4:39:00 PM
Baha05 posted...
Badreview posted...
Of course but they ALWAYS have which wasn't the point, it was about pushing boundaries of the last gen which Nintendo failed to do.

Sorry but the WiiU can't AGAIN UNREAL ENGINE 4 being downscaled and no Frostbite Engine 3.

That was more about what you said about Nintendo still SELLING consoles, which means donkey as the sales are too low for the WiiU.

Except pushing the boundaries isn't the point of the topic at hand. It's just some tangent you went off on because your original point of the Wii U needing ports is flawed logic.

It absolutely isn't. because this is what next gen consoles do. Wiiu Completely fails in this aspect

Engines are often scaled down for systems because of limitations. Even on the PS4 there will be SOME limitations. And if devs wanted too they could port Unreal 4 to the Wii U (And Frostbite 3 if they wanted to)

The limitations will be minimal compared to the WiiU.

And even if sales are too low the only way the Wii U will fail is a short life span. We are talking a year at best. Which chances are it's not going to happen. More so because Nintendo could easily announce incentives to keep the system afloat and even reveal games early to drive up the hype.

Nintendo is still failing to capture the Sony and MS market.