am I the only one that felt like wii had better games than 360 and PS3

#31icarus231Posted 4/19/2013 8:57:03 AM
Dolomount posted...
Why are you even talking about exclusives when Wii was missing all of the dozens of great third party games available on PS3/360? The number of quality games on those systems outnumber the amount on wii by several orders of magnitude.

Sony and MS need 3rd party to stay afloat as they dont have system selling first party like nintendo.
#32icarus231Posted 4/19/2013 9:01:53 AM(edited)
NidhoggrG posted...
Mmmm no.

I felt like I had much more choices of good games to play on the PS360 than my Wii by far.

I mean... Wii had good exclusives, even if I don't buy mario, luigi, kirby etc kiddy games.

But its 3rd party excusives where jus a few,, like 20 good games I can count... and my PS3 had a lot of great 3rd marty and multiplat games to play.

Wii didn't had interesting multiplat games to play, so.... no.

How many systems are you going to buy those multiplat games for not every system has to have every game. It gets redundent. Most gamers arent tied to one system. Would be nice but its not a huge deterent
#33PHEEliNUXPosted 4/19/2013 9:04:34 AM
Dolomount posted...
PHEEliNUX posted...
pixel378 posted...
dennis941012 posted...
Why are you even talking about exclusives when Wii was missing all of the dozens of great third party games available on PS3/360? The number of quality games on those systems outnumber the amount on wii by several orders of magnitude.

List at least 120 to show "several orders of magnitude)
since i posted about 40 great exclusives wii had (I can actually post about 40 more games too :X)

I hope your definition of great is objective and uses metacritic rather than great= I like it so its great to everybody.

Metacritic is crap

It is if you're a Nintendo fanboy.

Depends on what makes someone a "Fanboy"

But Metacritics and reviews have always, And will always be crap
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#34CyricsServantPosted 4/19/2013 9:06:34 AM
icarus231 posted...
Sales are all that seem to matter on this board except when its in favor of nintendo. Am i saying that mario kart was better then every ps3 title no but it does show that 34 mil people thought it was a better game then what was on the ps3.

I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion. I have friends included in that 34 million who consider lesser selling games to be better, including games they never purchased.

Just because gamers buy one game over another doesn't mean they're going to actually enjoy that game more. Maybe they haven't heard of game x, maybe they prefer genre y, maybe they don't have system z, etc. Maybe they bought the game and ended up hating it. I've done that plenty of times.
#35STE573Posted 4/19/2013 9:11:56 AM(edited)
For reference and argument sake here-

I would consider "great" to be 90+ on Metacritic, for reference.

PS3- 46 titles 90+
Wii- 14 titles 90+

If you set the baseline at 80 it is about-

PS3- 350 80+
Wii- 106 80+

And if you set the baseline at 70 (which I believe to be the "good" rating") the numbers really do speak for themselves.

PS3- 706 70+
Wii- 320 70+

Basically speaking, objectively the PS3 has a better software lineup and is thusly a better console.

But I respect others opinions, so I'm glad you enjoyed the Wii so much TC, I can't say I did, but I can see why people certainly enjoyed the console a great deal.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#36mrpants_againPosted 4/19/2013 9:21:15 AM
I liked Wii games better than the alternative games last gen. The main games I played on consoles this past gen were Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, & Twilight Princess all on Wii. I played Rock Band 1/2 the most on 360 along with much GTA IV and Dead Rising. Main difference is that the 360 games I enjoyed the most were also multiplatform and could be played on nearly any other console. All in all, my preference is for the Wii because I enjoy Nintendo series the most.

Still play Smash Bros. Brawl on my Wii U the most, mainly because I have beaten NSMBU to death and I only play Nintendo Land with friends.
---
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
#37icarus231Posted 4/19/2013 9:29:21 AM
STE573 posted...

PS3- 46 titles 90+
Wii- 14 titles 90+

PS3- 350 80+
Wii- 106 80+

And if you set the baseline at 70 (which I believe to be the "good" rating") the numbers really do speak for themselves.

PS3- 706 70+
Wii- 320 70+

Basically speaking, objectively the PS3 has a better software lineup and is thusly a better console.

But I respect others opinions, so I'm glad you enjoyed the Wii so much TC, I can't say I did, but I can see why people certainly enjoyed the console a great deal.

Reviews are subjective and should never be used as they are opinion. How many great games and movies got bad reviews based on things other then the actual content.
#38icarus231Posted 4/19/2013 9:37:12 AM
CyricsServant posted...
icarus231 posted...
Sales are all that seem to matter on this board except when its in favor of nintendo. Am i saying that mario kart was better then every ps3 title no but it does show that 34 mil people thought it was a better game then what was on the ps3.

I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion. I have friends included in that 34 million who consider lesser selling games to be better, including games they never purchased.

Just because gamers buy one game over another doesn't mean they're going to actually enjoy that game more. Maybe they haven't heard of game x, maybe they prefer genre y, maybe they don't have system z, etc. Maybe they bought the game and ended up hating it. I've done that plenty of times.

So what you are saying is this is a pointless conversation because nothing really counts to prove one point or the other.

If gamer x doesnt have system y then obviously the first party games didnt convince them to buy it.

I merely bring sales up as everyday this board is flooded by how bad sales are of both hardware and software. So obviously people use sales to gauge how good a product is.
#39TrueBlue91Posted 4/19/2013 9:39:14 AM
STE573 posted...

PS3- 46 titles 90+
Wii- 14 titles 90+

PS3- 350 80+
Wii- 106 80+

PS3- 706 70+
Wii- 320 70+

This.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#40Zato InfinitePosted 4/19/2013 9:51:48 AM
Gotta hand it to people sometimes. When you're system sucks, just make up a poll in the only category your system can win and make yourself feel better.