Just got my wiiU getting kind of nervous....

#11Faceman_Posted 4/19/2013 10:17:33 AM
Maybe you're making the same mistake I was, TC. When I tried to download Lego City Undercover, daggum console told me it would take 24 hours. Then, it kept disconnecting for some reason. I managed to suppress my urge to rip it apart and put it on top of my TV stand, rather than under it and BOOM. It never disconnected again and flew to the end.
#12rudgerlightPosted 4/19/2013 10:22:25 AM
If it continues for another hour, try stopping the update. They don't tell you, but the download will continue in the background. Then you can choose to install the update next time you go to the main menu.

As everybody has mentioned, there's no harm turning the system off (or even unplugging it) while it's downloading an update. Just while installing (which is true for almost every piece of technology).
#13Rasputin77Posted 4/19/2013 10:35:54 AM
Just wait, TC. You have so many more things to look forward to. -__- The apologists are just the beginning.

Also, I think it's hilarious you use the fraction "2/8", lol. Although I'm pretty sure only 10/100 of this board sees why that's funny.
---
Wii U apologists... please stop trying so hard.
#14610330(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:51:28 AM(edited)
It finally downloaded! I even had time to do a hunt after tranfering my Monster hunter save to the wiiU. But sadly i have to work for the next 8 hours but when i get back its monster hunter the whole weekend!
---
The Truth should always come before Ideals
#15Elem187Posted 4/19/2013 10:52:58 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
please return your wii u to the store and get a 360 instead. we don't want you on this board.

Why would he want inferior hardware? The Wii U is the fastest console on the market today.... Say, you know what, thats why you troll this board every day, day in and day out.

I mean what else would compel you to keep trolling this board every 15 minutes? Its because Nintendo had the audacity to release a console that is 3 times faster than the 360 and it gives you all kinds of butt hurt. It eats you up inside because Nintendo's console RAPES the 360/PS3.

See, as PC gamer I think the PS4 is pretty pathetic with its tablet CPU and a mobile 7850 GPU, its going to be locked at 30fps, but I'm not going to waste my time trolling messageboards about it. I have more important things to do..... like Monster Hunter.
#16L4YER_CAKEPosted 4/19/2013 10:54:40 AM
Came in to ask if anyone else was bugged by the 2/8 fraction. Glad Rasputin was here.

Are you sure it was't just 5/20th's downloaded?
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#17Elem187Posted 4/19/2013 10:55:18 AM
610330 posted...
It finally downloaded! I even had time to do a hunt after tranfering my Monster hunter save to the wiiU. But sadly i have to work for the next 8 hours but when i get back its monster hunter the whole weekend!

Monster Hunter is glorius... especially off TV Play.... As much as I like playing MH3U in 1080p, but after 3 or 4 hours I get tired of sitting on the couch, so its nice to be able to lay down and keep hunting.
#18b1gt0nePosted 4/19/2013 10:56:09 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Came in to ask if anyone else was bugged by the 2/8 fraction. Glad Rasputin was here.

Are you sure it was't just 5/20th's downloaded?

I remember when my update was @ 30/180ths.