Why do people care if Earthbound is "overrated"?

#1Sir_HaxorPosted 4/19/2013 11:24:41 AM
It doesn't impact them at all. Why are so many people buttmad over a VC release many others have been requesting for years? Seriously, let's say the game is overrated. Why does it do for you to know this? Are you getting paid to tell everyone?

I'm confused.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#2BuretsuPosted 4/19/2013 11:25:49 AM
Why do people make topics complaining about people who complain about Earthbound being overrated?

Same reason.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3keruloPosted 4/19/2013 11:29:30 AM
^ agree
#4genlockPosted 4/19/2013 11:30:24 AM
kerulo posted...
^ agree

---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#5Sir_Haxor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:30:38 AM
Buretsu posted...
Why do people make topics complaining about people who complain about Earthbound being overrated?

Same reason.

This isn't complaining. I really want to know why people care if a game is overrated. Unless said game is impacting the industry negatively then there isn't any reason to be concerned.

I find FF as a series to be overrated and I could say that recent installments have changed the way jRPGs are viewed in the industry.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#6BuretsuPosted 4/19/2013 11:32:20 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
Buretsu posted...

Same reason.

This isn't complaining. I really want to know why people care if a game is overrated. Unless said game is impacting the industry negatively then there isn't any reason to be concerned.

I find FF as a series to be overrated and I could say that recent installments have changed the way jRPGs are viewed in the industry.

What use is an opinion, unless you shout it from the rooftops? Otherwise, you won't know how many people agree with you, and you won't get a proper sense of value.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7ssjtrunk1Posted 4/19/2013 3:37:25 PM
It nothing
---
Today I have over 2800 karma.
#8Latino_KingPosted 4/19/2013 3:43:25 PM
Final Fantasy 7 is better than Earthbound, anyways.
---
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius
#9FayeLadyPosted 4/19/2013 3:44:22 PM
The same reason they care if COD or Mario or anything else is overrated.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10terrancejonesPosted 4/19/2013 3:45:16 PM
Latino_King posted...
Final Fantasy 7 is better than Earthbound, anyways.

I would like to see Final Fantasy 7 on the Wii U then.
---
For those buying EarthBound: Take the survey, and mention that you want EarthBound 0 and Mother 3 in your country! (This also applies to Majora's Mask.)