I'm convinced the Wii U is a failure

#1CharskiPosted 4/19/2013 1:37:57 PM
Just want to express my thoughts here.

As someone who likes Nintendo, I was excited for their next generation console. For what it is, the Wii U is a decent console. Off TV-Play in some games is awesome, the Miiverse is a nice feature, and I'll say the tablet is kind of cool too. It's an overall great console, and it's pretty creative I must say.

Despite all of this however, this console is selling poorly. It's supposedly setting new sales records of being the lowest selling console this generation, way different than the Wii launch, which was selling the fastest for its time.

There are little to no good games on it, plus its losing major 3rd party support like Bethesda, EA, Activision, etc. due to its hardware limitations and selling majorly poor. Monster Hunter is good, and I love the Monster Hunter games, but it still won't change my opinion about Wii U. The lack of 3rd party is wrecking this console, and hardware limitations are scaring devs off. Heck, Epic Games was laughing at the console too.

Sure, even if some of these listed 3rd parties are bad, they're popular, and attaching popular icons would've helped. The Wii U is creative, but it still doesn't change the fact it's a flop. From Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's launch until August with Pikmin 3, there are zero games coming out for Wii U worth my time.

Some games might help sales, but it still won't save it, not even Smash Bros. I feel will help, mainly because of the negative feedback of Brawl. Pikmin won't help either, it's too niche. People are sick of Mario and Zelda, and all their other titles are too obscure to bring people in. Also, naming the console Wii U is dumb, because people might think its just an attachment. Another thing, have you seen any advertising and marketing for this? Ever since I bought it I haven't, and even if there was it wasn't huge or effective enough

So, I'm saying this console is doomed. The lack of big 3rd party support due to hardware limitations is ruining it now and in the long run, and some are even laughing at it too. The hardware limitations itself is a major problem, and even when there are good games 3rd party and 1st party, they're too niche to become system sellers. The name of the console is confusing people, and lack of advertising also adds even more. It's a great console, but it's fubar at this point. Maybe Nintendo might drop out in all this too, they can't survive on 3DS alone you know. It is quite a shame for them to be failing, they were a good company that could still make decent games even today.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
#2IokuaPosted 4/19/2013 1:39:18 PM
People are sick of Zelda and Mario? That's the first I've ever heard of that, especially Zelda. If you're going to make **** up to further your trolling, be a little less obvious about it.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#3HungoverHero777Posted 4/19/2013 1:40:05 PM
Iokua posted...
People are sick of Zelda and Mario? That's the first I've ever heard of that, especially Zelda. If you're going to make **** up to further your trolling, be a little less obvious about it.

He wasn't trolling....
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#4cmdrdreddPosted 4/19/2013 1:42:04 PM
I like the system, but there were and still are a bunch of mistakes I see with it. Poor gamepad battery life, poor touchscreen, lack of games, lack of good marketing, confusing online system, slow loading times even to go to the eShop, trying to bank on games that have been done before and aren't exciting potential buyers.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#5IokuaPosted 4/19/2013 1:42:15 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Iokua posted...

He wasn't trolling....

He makes a thread specifically to discuss the fact that the Wii U is doomed on a Wii U board. He can paint it up any way he wants, be as in depth as he wants. Making a thread where he provides no basis for anything he says and the topic is about how he thinks the Wii U is doomed, well,that's trolling.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#6SychinLegacyPosted 4/19/2013 1:44:18 PM
I'm convinced this post is a failure.
#7TcidenebTPosted 4/19/2013 1:44:22 PM
games don't make the system. Vita has quite a bit of games and is tanking badly.
#8ghall89Posted 4/19/2013 1:44:46 PM
The Wii U is struggling, this is true, but I wouldn't say it's doomed yet. Microsoft and Sony haven't even launched their next gen consoles yet so we really have nothing to compare as of right now. Perhaps nothing will change, and the Wii U will fail spectacularly, maybe it will be the best selling console this gen.

We can't really say either way at this point.
#9MoegittoPosted 4/19/2013 1:44:48 PM
Iokua posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
Iokua posted...

He wasn't trolling....

He makes a thread specifically to discuss the fact that the Wii U is doomed on a Wii U board. He can paint it up any way he wants, be as in depth as he wants. Making a thread where he provides no basis for anything he says and the topic is about how he thinks the Wii U is doomed, well,that's trolling.

A troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

His post wasn't meant to make anyone mad but to explain his view...
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#10DBPanterAPosted 4/19/2013 1:44:59 PM
Your a bit off on Mario my friend. Let's take a look at Mario Sales on the Wii:

Mario Kart Wii: 33.62 million units
New Super Mario Brothers Wii: 26.80 million units
Super Mario Galaxy: 10.78 million units
Super Mario Galaxy 2: 7.02 million units

New Super Mario Brothers U, on a console that has sold 3 million hardware consoles, has 1.72 million units sold.

Say what you want about the console. Some of it I agree with. But people are not sick of Mario. Mario sells more software than any other IP on the market. It's pure business and economics.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036