I'm convinced the Wii U is a failure

#41xChaosLordxPosted 4/20/2013 3:57:20 AM
You know what gamers care for these days? Graphics. People are going to be so impressed with the PS4's graphics they will forget all about the Wii-U as its made with 8 year old technology. When people look to a next-gen system they are looking for improvements in graphics mostly. And with the Wii-U they simply won't find that. If you don't have graphics you better have a KILLER game lineup, and Wii-U isn't anywhere close to that.
#42JackalPosted 4/20/2013 4:45:30 AM
Iokua posted...
People are sick of Zelda and Mario? That's the first I've ever heard of that, especially Zelda. If you're going to make **** up to further your trolling, be a little less obvious about it.

Then you haven't been in these Nintendo forums long. I've been sick of them for years and so have a number of other people. That's no secret. I haven't bought a game in those franchises since the N64 and I have no intention of doing so. 30 years of games with Mario in them is more than enough for me.

I buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#43IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/20/2013 4:55:51 AM
xChaosLordx posted...
You know what gamers care for these days? Graphics. People are going to be so impressed with the PS4's graphics they will forget all about the Wii-U as its made with 8 year old technology. When people look to a next-gen system they are looking for improvements in graphics mostly. And with the Wii-U they simply won't find that. If you don't have graphics you better have a KILLER game lineup, and Wii-U isn't anywhere close to that.

*sings*
Trollin', trollin', trollin'
Gotta keep on trollin'
Makin' trouble for all
Trollin'!
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#44Lefty128kPosted 4/20/2013 5:01:22 AM
DBPanterA posted...
Your a bit off on Mario my friend. Let's take a look at Mario Sales on the Wii:

Mario Kart Wii: 33.62 million units
New Super Mario Brothers Wii: 26.80 million units
Super Mario Galaxy: 10.78 million units
Super Mario Galaxy 2: 7.02 million units

New Super Mario Brothers U, on a console that has sold 3 million hardware consoles, has 1.72 million units sold.

Say what you want about the console. Some of it I agree with. But people are not sick of Mario. Mario sells more software than any other IP on the market. It's pure business and economics.

In a library consisting of many ports of older games, of course people are gonna flock around the new titles.
#45DBPanterAPosted 4/20/2013 7:58:50 AM
Lefty128k posted...
DBPanterA posted...

New Super Mario Brothers U, on a console that has sold 3 million hardware consoles, has 1.72 million units sold.

Say what you want about the console. Some of it I agree with. But people are not sick of Mario. Mario sells more software than any other IP on the market. It's pure business and economics.

In a library consisting of many ports of older games, of course people are gonna flock around the new titles.

Not sure what library you are talking about (I assume the Wii U). There are plenty of games on the Wii U that are not ports. The point of my original post was that while a bunch of fanatical internet video game fans say they hate or don't like Mario, the fact remains the rest of the consumer base still loves him. In regards to ports, if you look at the launch of virtually every handheld and home console, there will always be ports of games that can be found on other platforms. This will not be different this fall when games will span both current and next gen consoles. Then what do you call that? What happens when Madden is out for current gen, and then released on release day for next gen consoles? Still a port?

Coming to an internet site about video games makes you fanatical, as most video game consumers do not visit these sites.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#46digiblasterPosted 4/20/2013 8:18:28 AM
Charski posted...
Just want to express my thoughts here.

Despite all of this however, this console is selling poorly. It's supposedly setting new sales records of being the lowest selling console this generation, way different than the Wii launch, which was selling the fastest for its time.

I got this far and stopped.

The Wii U is actually selling really well. Compared to the PS3 and 360 at the same point in their respective lifespans, the Wii U had shipped more units than the other two.

It's not selling well now, that's the problem. And the reason for this is a lack of games. Put it this way. If you wanted a Wii U at launch, you'd have bought one. If not, you'd have waited until new games, or you just weren't interested at all. The people that weren't interested wouldn't buy it at any point. But the people that were waiting for new games would have bought it when new games came out.

So far, we've barely had any new games. Monster Hunter and Lego City are the only big name titles that spring to mind, and both of those did actually shift a few consoles, but not on a scale that would drastically improve the sales of the Wii U.

We'll be seeing Mario Kart and a 3D Mario by the end of this year, as well as Wind Waker HD. There are numerous other games that will shift consoles, such as Pikmin. When the games come, the console will sell.

You may have made other points throughout the post, but you mentioned poor sales so early on that I assumed that was your focus. And being wrong, it needed correcting.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#47The_DOAMPosted 4/20/2013 10:09:37 AM
xChaosLordx posted...

PC.... hmmm what oh yeah PC people who care about graphics buy PC's. You don't even have to be a techno nerd in order to build a top of the line machine nowadays you just need the cash. If people are willing to dish out $600 dollars for a Ps3 at launch then they can spend 600 into a PC.

What console do PC user's usually have? oh yeah the Wii and currently the one most high end PC users seem to be going with seems to once again be Nintendo with it's WiiU. So yeah Ps4 and 720 can't compete with PC in terms of graphics and power and those who truly care about graphics last gen had a PC and Wii and this gen it will be PC and the WiiU.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#48Lefty128kPosted 4/20/2013 12:56:15 PM
DBPanterA posted...
Lefty128k posted...
DBPanterA posted...

Not sure what library you are talking about (I assume the Wii U). There are plenty of games on the Wii U that are not ports. The point of my original post was that while a bunch of fanatical internet video game fans say they hate or don't like Mario, the fact remains the rest of the consumer base still loves him. In regards to ports, if you look at the launch of virtually every handheld and home console, there will always be ports of games that can be found on other platforms. This will not be different this fall when games will span both current and next gen consoles. Then what do you call that? What happens when Madden is out for current gen, and then released on release day for next gen consoles? Still a port?

Coming to an internet site about video games makes you fanatical, as most video game consumers do not visit these sites.

On the Wii U board in a Wii U topic, am I referring to the Wii U library?
Gee, you think?

If Mario is so loved, then why can't he manage to sell to more than about 30%-35% of Nintendo home console owners?

I've been alive for nearly all those launches you are referring to, and you are sorely mistaken about "virtually every" one of them launching with ports from other systems.

Yup, ports will still happen. Doesn't change the fact that Wii U was particularly riddled with old ports at launch. More so than any other system I can remember.

I didn't make any particular argument about whether or not a game is a port, so you can just calm down about Madden.

Absolutely no need for that last sentence. One can only wonder why you would make such a defensive statement.
#49Lefty128kPosted 4/20/2013 12:59:10 PM
deathwave21 posted...
Hasn't Wii U sold more consoles than any other home console this generation? Pretty sure when MS and Sony release their PC equivalent consoles in November for $499.99+ and the price of a Wii U drops by $100, Nintendo will come out on top. People just want Nintendo to fail so MS, Sony, or the next major player can acquire Nintendo's franchises.

Nintendo really should release some quality games, but the fact is that they have a whole year headstart on the competition. If MS and Sony's new consoles flop, Nintendo can sweep up and release their PC equivalent console with no competition. Definitely can't wait to see how this all plays out.

You act like people who don't buy Nintendo are having a big meeting or something...LMAO.
#50sonic777Posted 4/20/2013 1:13:19 PM
I physically pulled all my hair out of my scalp in anger at TCs opinion.

I then kicked my dog, beat my wife, and burned down 2 orphanages.

I will now seek out TC and destroy him.

^^^^
I think that sums up what people do when they read an Anti-Nintendo topic.
---
squatch22 = defeated