If Metroid had a crossover game with Earthbound, would you buy it?

#11FireKatKidPosted 4/19/2013 5:00:42 PM
They'd have to find some way to not make it all take place on Earth. Unless the Space Pirates invade and got possessed by remnants of the psychic beings all over the place.

What I WANT to see is a crossover of Metroid, F-Zero and StarFox.
Intergalactic bounty hunter brawl, ya'll.
#12ssjtrunk1Posted 4/19/2013 7:05:52 PM
Yes I am
---
Today I have over 2800 karma.
#13Y34RX3R0Posted 4/19/2013 7:08:05 PM
No way, this is crazy talk!
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#14excitebike64Posted 4/19/2013 7:12:35 PM
Depends which art style they go for. And if an RPG, it would have to be more action oriented.
#15DTY3Posted 4/19/2013 7:19:17 PM
I'd buy it, but it would be stupid as hell.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#16NyyarkPosted 4/19/2013 7:20:57 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

Porky was worse than Giygas?

And how are Mother Brain, Queen Metroid, or even SAX equivalent to "universal cosmic destroyers"?

Significantly worse IMO.

The Metroid and X parasite are both universe threatening plauges, and Mother Brain and SAX were their leaders, phazon was especially nasty. But we will have to agree to disagree.
#17ADHDguitarPosted 4/19/2013 7:25:38 PM
I'd buy it, but I wouldn't like it.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#18P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:41:46 PM
Nyyark posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

Porky was worse than Giygas?

And how are Mother Brain, Queen Metroid, or even SAX equivalent to "universal cosmic destroyers"?

Significantly worse IMO.

The Metroid and X parasite are both universe threatening plauges, and Mother Brain and SAX were their leaders, phazon was especially nasty. But we will have to agree to disagree.

When I hear "universal cosmic destroyer" I think of someone or something like Galactus. Yes, the Metroids and X could become as universally devastating as the black plague or a zombie apocalypse but they are "cosmic destroyers". And I think Porky was a worse "person" than Giygas but he wasn't as big a threat.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U
#19Bigmac909Posted 4/19/2013 8:44:42 PM
Eh... probably not. Both franchises' games' depend heavily on creating a certain atmosphere, and those atmospheres would be too much in conflict to do either franchise justice.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#20P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:50:13 PM
Bigmac909 posted...
Eh... probably not. Both franchises' games' depend heavily on creating a certain atmosphere, and those atmospheres would be too much in conflict to do either franchise justice.

That actually makes sense. I was thinking about the expansiveness of the two and the exploration, thinking a Metroidvania type could work in a 3D setting (kinda like DK64 mixed in). But the tones are too drastically different...

Mother has a humorous tone with a splash of serious and a touch of sadness
Metroid has a serious tone with no real humor; playing on a sense of duty and lonesomeness
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U