No games?

#1mylose64Posted 4/19/2013 6:22:58 PM
If anyone is worried/mad/sad/angry about the lack of games on the wii, you should really watch the movie "Indie Game".

Quality video games cannot be made in only a few months, or less than a year. It takes time to create amazing games.

I saw this movie last night and it was amazing and a huge eye opener.
---
Liquid Snake: Snake, Did you like my sunglasses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
#2mokmuudPosted 4/19/2013 6:36:18 PM
I'm enjoying games on my Wii u. I have enough to enjoy for now. By the time I'm done more games will be out.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud
#3DiscostewSMPosted 4/19/2013 6:44:13 PM
I think people rush through games, spending hours at a time, only to find they've completed those games within days of getting them, yet they want more, and become impatient when nothing is offered. People should space out their play time, take breaks, do something else. I find spending less time on playing games helps me enjoy them more when I actually do play them.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4L4YER_CAKEPosted 4/19/2013 6:44:22 PM
Good movie I agree, but two things.

First the film was specific to indie developers with virtually no teams or resources. Secondly, why the rush to release the Wii U if that were the case? Why not wait until more developers had games to release so the launch would have kicked ass?

ps. That's just how I see other people's point of view. I, by no means think the Wii U "has no games," or is "doomed."
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#5StreetPasWantrPosted 4/19/2013 7:05:19 PM(edited)
This happens at every launch. The Wuu I isn't doomed.

EDIT: I mean Wii U. Lol, I had a brain fart.
---
"I love equipping Vaike with ladles." Now re-read that sentence.
Nintendo E3 2013 Countdown: http://tinyurl.com/NintyE32013
#6_Sovereign_Posted 4/19/2013 7:20:51 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
I think people rush through games, spending hours at a time, only to find they've completed those games within days of getting them, yet they want more, and become impatient when nothing is offered. People should space out their play time, take breaks, do something else. I find spending less time on playing games helps me enjoy them more when I actually do play them.

Pretty much this. I bought God of War Ascension one week after launch and I still haven't beaten it, I also do NOT play the multiplayer so between all the games I've recently bought, and all the time I spend not playing, I'm actually set from now until November before I need to buy a new game.

Here is what I bought recently just to give an Idea :
GoW:A, B:I, Sly Cooper, Lego City, NFS:MWU

And I still haven't beaten:
Darksiders II, ACIII, ZombiU, & Far Cry 3......I think I'm set! Haha
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#7Sailor GoonPosted 4/19/2013 7:31:18 PM
StreetPasWantr posted...

Name one system that launched with zero first party games in six months.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#8GuywithWiizdomPosted 4/19/2013 7:33:09 PM
People saying the Wii U (or any platform) has no games...
Translation: "None of them interest me."
---
Failure to complete a challenge sets up for the next attempt.
Never taking that attempt is the REAL failure.
#9Enigma149Posted 4/19/2013 10:07:24 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
StreetPasWantr posted...

Name one system that launched with zero first party games in six months.

I can't name a single one.

I mean, the Wii U launched with NSMBU and NintendoLand, so it passes before we check the games in the first 6 months. The Wii launched with TP and Wii Sports, and the GameCube, N64, SNES, and NES all also launched with Nintendo titles. The Dreamcast had Sonic Adventure, the Genesis, Space Harrier. All of the Playstations had a 1st-party game at launch, barring the PS1, but that gap was quickly filled. The two Xboxs also launched with Microsoft's games.

Don't really see the point of the question, to be honest.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#10The_BoredomsPosted 4/19/2013 10:43:05 PM
DiscostewSM posted...

If I'd bought a Wii U with the intention of ignoring it and going on a pleasant hike instead, I'd have just spent the money on some boots. Who do you think you are coming to a dedicated hobby site and telling people to do something else?