Nintendo "doing their own thing" isnt an excuse for doing everything else worse

#1PhaseBlackPosted 4/19/2013 8:43:39 PM
Third party support, online functionality and features, OS performance, and so many other things about the Wii U are simply not up to the standards of PlayStation and Xbox. It's inexcusable how Nintendo has a second-rate console, by both last gen and current (next) gen standards, and the apologists actually believe it's not a problem for the most inane reasons such as "Nintendo does their own thing".

These are things that consumers expect to be standard with any new gaming console, thats why moving from PS3/360 to Wii U feels like a more expensive step down. For gaining a screen on the controller, it feels like you are losing so much with the poor quality Nintendo does those features.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2Baha05Posted 4/19/2013 8:44:07 PM
A lot of the issues can be fixed overtime

/Topic
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3dennis941012Posted 4/19/2013 8:45:27 PM
Third party support, online functionality and features, OS performance, and so many other things about the Wii U are simply not up to the standards of PlayStation and Xbox. It's inexcusable how Nintendo has a second-rate console, by both last gen and current (next) gen standards, and the apologists actually believe it's not a problem for the most inane reasons such as "Nintendo does their own thing".

These are things that consumers expect to be standard with any new gaming console, thats why moving from PS3/360 to Wii U feels like a more expensive step down. For gaining a screen on the controller, it feels like you are losing so much with the poor quality Nintendo does those features.

OS and online functionality is getting fixed
you can't say wii u lacks 3rd party support when it was recently released.
If anything online feature should be closer to itunes and steam buy it once redownload it anywhere.
---
#4GoombaXPosted 4/19/2013 8:47:45 PM
oh look another phaseblack topic
its just as charming as last few
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#5YamiYugi4400Posted 4/19/2013 8:49:49 PM
dennis941012 posted...

OS and online functionality is getting fixed
you can't say wii u lacks 3rd party support when it was recently released.
If anything online feature should be closer to itunes and steam buy it once redownload it anywhere.

Wii U lacks 3rd parties
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#6Baha05Posted 4/19/2013 8:57:14 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Wii U lacks 3rd parties

Except it doesn't, it lacks 3rd party games that are new to the system, but not 3rd party developers.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7YamiYugi4400Posted 4/19/2013 8:58:04 PM
Baha05 posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Wii U lacks 3rd parties

Except it doesn't, it lacks 3rd party games that are new to the system, but not 3rd party developers.

Fine then, it lacks 3rd party games
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#8UponADarkThornePosted 4/19/2013 9:25:56 PM
Third party support is important, but not essential, and while the Wii U does get a lot of slack on this end, it certainly has more support than either the Nintendo 64 or the GameCube.

Not to mention that most good third party games are multi-platform and are also available on the PC, where they tend to play better in the first place. I have a very middle of the road PC and have been able to run most of the big titles released on consoles this generation with little problem.

Concerning online functionality, I really can't comment on this. I don't often play games online since when it comes to multi-player games I don't often play them if I can't play them in person. Their online services I used, like the e-shop for the 3DS really isn't that bad at least in my opinion.

OS performances might be an issue, but hey, at least Nintendo hasn't had the Red Ring of Death, eh?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#9Enigma149Posted 4/19/2013 10:13:24 PM
Because they do a whole lot more better than the other companies. If they didn't, you'd have something better to do than troll here.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#10The_FightingPosted 4/19/2013 10:20:01 PM
Now hold on a minute, I have a friend who worked on the specs of the Wii-U and I feel that you are insulting all the hard work he has been through. You wouldn't believe the hours he had to work on the Wii-U to make it a great system to compete with the others but at the same time, keeping the Nintendo tradition. He would be appalled to hear you complain about little things like the ones you mentioned. Afterall, Nintendo IS "doing their own thing". They have been for years. That's what makes them Nintendo. You, sir, have no respect for hard working people.
---
---
Jump! Ultimate Stars code: 4554 3339 5249