Nintendo "doing their own thing" isnt an excuse for doing everything else worse

#11Schwepps01Posted 4/19/2013 9:22:09 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Because they do a whole lot more better than the other companies. If they didn't, you'd have something better to do than troll here.

Like.....what, exactly? Better consoles? No, even last gen has them tied in terms of specs. Better online? Not by a longshot. Better store? Not even a competition. Better controller? Well, not according to most 3rd party developers. Better games? Well, if you want to get objective, Nintendo's games are lacking a lot of modern conveniences that other games have, not to mention, they retread the same general games. There's still better variety on other consoles.
---
#12UponADarkThornePosted 4/19/2013 9:37:17 PM
Schwepps01 posted...

Better store? Not even a competition. Better controller? Well, not according to most 3rd party developers. Better games? Well, if you want to get objective, Nintendo's games are lacking a lot of modern conveniences that other games have, not to mention, they retread the same general games.

Can I ask why problem people have with the Nintendo e-store? I've only used the 3DS one but it really didn't seem any worse than XBL and I even had an easier time navigating it.

Also, while you could objectively say Nintendo doesn't have a lot of modern game "conveniences", not everyone prefers them - I felt games in general were far better in the 90's and early 00's than they are now and I can think of only a handful of non-Nintendo games this generation that I felt were genuinely great games.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#13Enigma149Posted 4/19/2013 9:50:53 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Because they do a whole lot more better than the other companies. If they didn't, you'd have something better to do than troll here.

Like.....what, exactly? Better consoles? No, even last gen has them tied in terms of specs. Better online? Not by a longshot. Better store? Not even a competition. Better controller? Well, not according to most 3rd party developers. Better games? Well, if you want to get objective, Nintendo's games are lacking a lot of modern conveniences that other games have, not to mention, they retread the same general games. There's still better variety on other consoles.

Well, for one, better games - and before you bring up "rehashes", every company rehashes, and Nintendo has plenty of new, original IPs (Pushmo, for example), and re-imaginings of old ones (Kid Icarus: Uprising, for example).

It's true, most of their games lack certain features other modern games have - for example, no Nintendo game yet has had DRM, be that an online pass or some other technique. Nintendo has DLC, and actually were the first to bring it to consoles (on the N64DD), but they always offer a complete experience without it (and usually have some sort of deal where some of the DLC is free, anyway).

If you want another way to compare games, just compare review scores. Nintendo happens to have the two best-rated games of the 7th generation (the SMG games), the two best-rated games of the 5th generation (OoT and SM64), and the best-rated game of the 6th generation (Metroid Prime).

Another thing Nintendo offers is better controllers and controller options. If we measure controllers based on features, 4 face buttons, 4 shoulder buttons, 2 analog sticks, start, select, home, a gyroscope, an accelerometer, an NFC chip, and a touchscreen beat 4 face buttons, 4 shoulder buttons, 2 analog sticks, start, select, home, and a gyroscope.

If we measure based on battery life, the Pro Controller decimates any other wireless controller released to-date.

And if we measure based on flexibility, Nintendo allows various control schemes for a variety of games - Pikmin, for example, has 1 based off of a gamepad, the other pointer controllers. Other companies usually force you to do one.

I would also like to point out that, although the "best" console of the 8th Generation has yet to be decided (based on a variety of factors, including specs, quality of library, length of life, support, and, like it or not, sales), the Wii U's specs are most certainly more powerful than the previous generation's consoles, whether you want to admit so or not.

As for online, I place them 2nd, as do a lot of other gamers, behind Sony - no matter how good Microsoft's service is on XBL, the lack of a free option automatically regulates them to last place.

Of course, one thing Nintendo has going for them that actually has nothing to do with Nintendo themselves is their fanbase. You dare insult Sony? Prepare to be insulted. Comment that PSN is better than XBL? Microsoft's fans will blast you in full force. Nintendo sales are down? Expect to be mocked. Sony sales are down? Expect to be modded. Own a 360 in addition to your Wii? That's perfectly fine. Own a Wii in addition to your 360? Not okay at all. Nintendo release a gimmick? Call it a "lollypop", why not. Sony release a gimmick? It was their idea first - Nintendo just copied it. Nevermind how the technology is completely different and the concept was around for decades. And don't you dare say you like anything other than a PC.

I expect, you or someone else'll just call me a "Nintendrone" for posting this, so I'll leave you now to go about your merry business.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#14RetroFanGirlPosted 4/19/2013 9:53:54 PM
I'm glad they do online worse personally, though it really isn't excusable. I don't want social features on my consoles. They need to change the eshop though, the current model is inexcusable, especially having your games tied to console rather than an account.
---
Hi.
#15ChipChippersonPosted 4/20/2013 3:24:32 AM
A friend said something along the lines of ''It reaches a point when originality becomes intolerable'' about the U and I tend to agree. I don't have a problem with the specs or whatever but what's absolutely irritating and infuriating about Nintendo is that they even have to fiddle with the days they ship games and it becomes a g-damn treasure hunt for a new release, Lego City and Fire Emblem spring immediately to mind.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#16PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:16:53 PM
Baha05 posted...
A lot of the issues can be fixed overtime

/Topic

Nintendo doesnt have the time nor the money nor the means to fix all these problems, the PS4 and 720 are coming
---
PSVita & 3DS