Your reaction: Nintendo buys Sony

#91DelsinRowePosted 4/20/2013 12:48:27 PM
MotiJr posted...
Are you people seriously this dense? How can you not see the difference between milking a franchise that is not even 10 years old and milking franchises that are 30 years old?

So by your incredibly flawed logic, because a franchise survives for a long time and is successful for so long, the company shouldn't be allowed to use it? Do you say the same for Final Fantasy, sims and so on? I think you need to stop expecting Nintendo to handicap themselves just so Sony can attempt to catch up and get back in the race.

When did I say they shouldn't do it? I was just pointing out how bad your math skills are. They should really slow down though. And yes Final Fantasy needs to go away. A new Sims doesn't come very often.
---
You are not in control.
#92GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 4:59:57 PM
For a fun little topic it sure has a lot of delusional butthury Sony ponies
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#93Hawke0Posted 4/20/2013 5:04:28 PM
DelsinRowe posted...
Hawke0 posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
Awful. Microsoft would be the only one that is actually with the times. And Nintendo would make 50 more Ratchet and Clank titles, and bring Jak back from the dead and make 50 titles for him. They would also milk Uncharted and God of War for the next 30 years.

Good to see that they wouldn't change Sony's policies.

You are kidding yourself if you think Uncharted and God of War will be around in 30 years.

If they aren't it'll be because the quality got significantly worse or they just stopped being relevant - Anyone with eyes can see that all the console manufacturers milk their main franchises, and the only one that is significantly worse than the others is Mario. Zelda is less milked than GoW (either of them) or Halo by a long shot, which are less milked than Mario by a few galaxies.
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
#94GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 9:07:55 PM
DelsinRowe posted...
MotiJr posted...
Are you people seriously this dense? How can you not see the difference between milking a franchise that is not even 10 years old and milking franchises that are 30 years old?

So by your incredibly flawed logic, because a franchise survives for a long time and is successful for so long, the company shouldn't be allowed to use it? Do you say the same for Final Fantasy, sims and so on? I think you need to stop expecting Nintendo to handicap themselves just so Sony can attempt to catch up and get back in the race.

When did I say they shouldn't do it? I was just pointing out how bad your math skills are. They should really slow down though. And yes Final Fantasy needs to go away. A new Sims doesn't come very often.

Final Fantasy doesnt need to go away it just needs to get good again.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#95PraetorXynPosted 4/20/2013 10:47:30 PM
GoombaX posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
MotiJr posted...

Final Fantasy doesnt need to go away it just needs to get good again.

Final Fantasy needed to die when the PS2 came out. They've released nothing but **** since then, and yes I'm counting FFX. Its story is a rip off of Grandia 2's with a biblic theme thrown around things.
#96Infinity8378Posted 4/20/2013 10:55:15 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
GoombaX posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Nintendo would never try to buy the whole of Sony. I doubt they have an interest in manufacturing tvs and laptops really. Depending on how Sony as a whole does over the next few years, and the PS4, and provided Nintendo still does fairly well they might give an offer to buy the video game division. I don't know if they would seriously try to buy it or just make an offer to see what Sony said.

They probably could afford to buy SCE outright as of now, but it wouldn't really leave them with much money afterwards so probably wouldn't be the best choice to make at this time.

i just mean the game division
only thing i want nintendo to by really is Rare
get it back from microsoft.

I don't really want them to buy Rare. Just the franchises, or at least the ones that were created before the 360. Maybe even the name Rare. The employees can stay with MS since they suck at making games with the wonderful franchises that had been created at Rare. I would rather Nintendo find someone better to make a new Banjo and Perfect Dark game. Not necessarily the same company even.

You mean Banjo like the cartoons.
#97P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/21/2013 3:34:48 AM
DelsinRowe posted...
mjc0961 posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
Awful. Microsoft would be the only one that is actually with the times. And Nintendo would make 50 more Ratchet and Clank titles, and bring Jak back from the dead and make 50 titles for him. They would also milk Uncharted and God of War for the next 30 years.

Because Sony isn't already doing that. In fact, God of War is probably their most milked franchise at this point.

Also a new Jak game would be pretty sweet.

As I already told someone else, if you really think God of War will still be around in 30 years, you are kidding yourself. Only Nintendo milks franchises for 30+ years and I'm sure it will end up being more than 100 years.

Milking is when you abuse a series with rushed out games in quick succession that hardly deviate because it the series is popular. The kings of milking are Activision, who release games in such rapid succession that they kill their franchises in, at most, two generations. Because Nintendo knows how to change up their games, and doesn't release similar titles back to back to back, they have made it so their franchises remain popular and continue to sell. As someone said, just because it says "Mario" does not make it the same game. NSMB is not Mario Golf, which is not Mario Kart. However, GOW 1, 2 and 3 are the same genre.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U
#98AkaneJonesPosted 4/21/2013 3:36:08 AM
Infinity8378 posted...
You mean Banjo like the cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boc5JfvtB28
#99PHEEliNUXPosted 4/21/2013 3:49:17 AM
Eh, The good side is that i only have to buy 1 console and have the best library ever

Downside is that there won't be any competition, So the industry won't advance that much
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#100STE573Posted 4/21/2013 4:26:47 AM
Honestly I think it would drive the Playstation brand into the ground. Sony has a very particular way with Playstation, and it works for them, but it is so different from what Nintendo tend to do that I feel a combination console would fail massively due to an older demographic targeted and Nintendo's inherent way of targeting younger children unintentionally interfering with that.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).