As much as I hate it, I can't blame 3rd party companies for skipping Wii U

#1EmeralDragon23Posted 4/20/2013 8:06:19 AM
it's not like 3rd party games are selling particularly well at the moment. They'd probably lose money doing anything but a straight port.

Of course, more third party games could help sales, but in the end it's up to Nintendo to fix it and I doubt we'll get increased Wii U support until that occurs.
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Other M, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Madworld
#2ShadowSkill11Posted 4/20/2013 8:07:36 AM
3rd party games are selling like gangbusters now.... Just not on Nintendo systems.
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/20/2013 8:09:38 AM
*Nintendo gives Third Parties a chance to shine*
*Third Parties blame Nintendo for their games not selling and console sales being slow*
*Nintendo releases big games to increase console sales*
*Third Parties complain that they can't compete with Nintendo's sales*

Rinse, and repeat.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U
#4digiblasterPosted 4/20/2013 8:30:37 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
*Third Parties blame Nintendo for their games not selling and console sales being slow*

Rinse, and repeat.

This.

They were given a golden opportunity during the launch window to make us want to buy third party games. Instead, we got a bunch of lazy ports, some of which were games that came out months beforehand, and somehow Nintendo and the fans are to blame.

Don't get me wrong, they weren't all lazy ports - Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed was pretty solid, and CoD felt like it would have on 360/PS3 (with the exception of the lack of players), but if they really wanted to sell games on the Wii U, they needed to release something that people hadn't already played before.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#5FayeLadyPosted 4/20/2013 8:31:01 AM
Each company has to do whats right for there own bottom line.
Nintendo put out the hardware it did because it suitable for making profit. Now they have to deal with third parties deciding that developing for that hardware is or is not suitable for them.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6vidalmorazaPosted 4/20/2013 8:40:09 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
3rd party games are selling like gangbusters now.... Just not on Nintendo systems.

The bar is to high, you know games like Dead Space 3 and the new Tomb Rider have mediocre sells? They are consider a failure in sells, even when they have like 3 millions sold already...

Wii U is a new console, they have 3-4 millions user base, third parties canīt risk putting games on it, just to sell a few thousands...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dead_space_3/news/dead_space_4_canned_series_in_trouble_following_poor_sales_of_dead_space_3.html#

This is why some people think PS4 and Xbox 720 are gonna also have a hard time, because even if they are very sold later, at launch, there ara gonna be few consoles, like 1-2 millions in the first months, and you need to release bigger games, games that are maybe gonna cost more than a PS3/Xbox 360 game....

If selling 3 millions is falling to hit expectations, imagine selling less than 1 millions in a game that cost you more than a current gen game....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#7DeathSoul2000Posted 4/20/2013 8:42:12 AM
i might actually buy multiplats if they were actually released on the damn thing. instead we get nothing but year old ports. and you wonder why games aren't selling.
#8squatch22Posted 4/20/2013 8:46:11 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

Rinse, and repeat.

Very true.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#9F31LeopardPosted 4/20/2013 8:48:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10diggyfreshPosted 4/20/2013 8:48:43 AM
Actually you can blame 3rd party devs for skipping Wii U. They hold meetings and make decisions about where to allocate resources. And they are choosing to continue to develop games for the PS3 and 360 because they are very likely to make a profit. They could make a profit on Wii U, but it's less likely to happen, and the potential profit is less.
---
Currently playing: Batman AC