Why Third Party Games Don't Matter

#1Sharky8Posted 4/20/2013 10:41:27 AM
Best selling games on the following consoles:

Microsoft:
Xbox: Halo 2 (first party)
360: Call of Duty (third Party), second best selling: Halo 3

Sony:
PS1: Gran Turismo (first party)
PS2: Grand Theft Auto (third Party), second best selling: Gran Turismo 3 (first party)
PS3: Gran Turismo 5 (first party)

Nintendo:
NES: SMB (first party), SMB3 (first party), SMB2 (first party)
SNES: SMW (first party), DKC (second party), Super Mario Kart (first party)
N64: Mario 64 (first party), Mario Kart 64 (first party), Goldeneye (second party)
Gamecube: Smash Bros (first party), Mario Kart DD (first party), Mario Sunshine (first party)
Wii: Wii Sports, Mario Kart, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play, New Super Mario Bros, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Wii Party (all top 10 best selling Wii games were first party)

So, tell me again why we should give a **** about lack of third party support? The best selling games on all of the console-making video game companies are first party titles, with the exception of the PS2 and the XBox360, where even then, first party titles were their second best selling games.
#2MilesTeg420Posted 4/20/2013 10:43:31 AM
3rd party helps fill the gaps inbetween first party software.
#3evosthunderPosted 4/20/2013 10:45:23 AM
Delusional.
---
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
#4TrueBlue91Posted 4/20/2013 10:46:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5FayeLadyPosted 4/20/2013 10:47:57 AM
Because many customers buy more than 2 or 3 games a year. On this board I'd imagine it would be much higher.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6HungoverHero777Posted 4/20/2013 10:48:55 AM
No offense, but at this point you're kinda embarrassing yourself.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#7Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 11:15:25 AM
Please, everyone, scroll down the list of the best selling games on all of these consoles. For Nintendo in particular, virtually everything in the top 5 for each console is made by Nintendo. For the others, most of the top 5 are first party titles.

If you look at my own collection (which everyone can see on my profile), it ranges from 60-88% first party titles.

The gap of importance between first and third party titles is huge. First party titles and their success matters far more than third party titles. The evidence is in your own purchases and in the fact that for all of these consoles (PS, MS, Nintendo) the best selling games on every on of them is a first party title or the second best selling game is a first party title.
#8UponADarkThornePosted 4/20/2013 11:22:12 AM
Third party does matter.

It shouldn't mind you, since the best third party games and even the best-selling play better with a keyboard and mouse on the PC than they do a controller on a console, but if Twilight fan fiction can be re-wrote to make millions, logic went right out the window.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#9MrYonPosted 4/20/2013 11:49:49 AM
Only in the minds of delusional fanboys who berely can be called gamers.
#10deathslovePosted 4/20/2013 11:51:57 AM
People don't look at sales and only buy the best selling games....