Why the Wii U will win this generation's console wars

#1Sharky8Posted 4/20/2013 11:33:54 AM
1. A long head start over the competition to establish a base and shelfspace.

2. A 3.04 million unit lead (as of Dec 31, 2012) and an update on what else has sold since, coming April 24 when Nintendo releases their next financials

3. The Wii U plays Wii games. The Wii was the best selling by a mile for the last generation. It established a huge audience (100 million). Even if only a fraction of these upgrade eventually to the Wii U, that could easily bring forward an old base of 25-50 million gamers who want to play their old games and be able to play new Wii U games, too.

4. The probable flaws of the next box. Always on wifi? What? No every gamer plays online (in fact, most do not). Many Americans (15-25%) do not have internet access in their homes. So apparently these folks can never have a nextbox because they won't be able to ever play it.

5. The possible flaws of the Sony PS4. Sony will not block first party title used games, but developers will have the option to disallow their used games from playing on the console. Many gamers buy used games, and if some of them won't play on the PS4, this will hurt the console.

6. The price tag of the next PS and next Xbox. We know the PS4 will retail for more than the Wil U. Based on history, the nextbox will likely also cost more than the Wii U as well. Not to mention, by the time the PS4 and Nextbox release, the Wii U will probably also undergo a small price cut after its first year, making the price difference more substantial between the Wii U and the competition.

7. 4 of the top 5 best selling franchises of all time are Nintendo franchises: Mario (in general) Super Mario (the platformer games), Wii active series (Sports, Resort, etc.), and Pokemon. Sony and Microsoft do not have a top selling franchise of video games. Gamers will flock to the Wii U because of best-selling first party titles.
#2YamiYugi4400Posted 4/20/2013 11:35:14 AM
Correction, it plays wii games after a forced 1 GB download. Not out of the box
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#3BeastLeeAdamsPosted 4/20/2013 11:37:47 AM
4, 5 and 7 don't count
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Pachter should be fired.
#4Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 11:38:45 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...

And?
#5NamcoMuseum2Posted 4/20/2013 11:39:14 AM
1. They're not taking advantage of it.

2. That's not very much.

3. Wii U has this over the PS4 but there's rumors that the 720 will be BC with 360 games.

4. Wait until the actual reveal.

5. I only see EA doing this.

6. The Ouya will be out by then for only $99.

7. Didn't help the Gamecube.
---
RobJ23 = defeated
Here's why: http://s16.postimg.org/szvsebqw5/Rob_J23_exposed.jpg
#6STN79Posted 4/20/2013 11:39:34 AM
Why everyone has to make a battle out of it i'll never know. Even during the Snes and Genesis days i just played whatever games looked fun and couldn't care less who's winning.
#7YamiYugi4400Posted 4/20/2013 11:40:18 AM
Sharky8 posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...

And?

, and it's still hilariously stupid, nor is it a selling point of why the wii u wins
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#8G1ingyPosted 4/20/2013 11:44:00 AM
NamcoMuseum2 posted...

3. Wii U has this over the PS4 but there's rumors that the 720 will be BC with 360 games.

6. The Ouya will be out by then for only $99.

3. And the 720 is already the most unpopular console before it's even released thanks certain "specific features and incident"

6. It's currently playing crappy facebook games, and it's going in flames at the moment because of how easy it is for people accidentally press the spend money button without any confirmation. People are being reminded of the smurf game.
#9deathslovePosted 4/20/2013 11:44:16 AM
All of your points are not going to make them win, some are made up points, some are just wrong.

Either way, why do you care so much to post all this? Kind of sad, you are sitting there staring at your wii U and writing this out.
#10Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 12:37:27 PM
deathslove posted...
All of your points are not going to make them win, some are made up points, some are just wrong.

Either way, why do you care so much to post all this? Kind of sad, you are sitting there staring at your wii U and writing this out.

I don't own a Wii U yet. I'll get it in about 2 years or so when more games are out and the price comes down.