Is The Wii U A Failure?

#141Lefty128kPosted 4/21/2013 1:55:44 AM
The casuals are all busy with real tablets and smartphones now. Wii U won't see the same kind of sales Wii enjoyed from them.

Wii U will be lucky to beat GC and N64 numbers. About 20-30 million.
#142NintendoXGamesPosted 4/21/2013 2:21:58 AM
The Wii U is selling great and looks to win this console war
#143StarBladeEdgePosted 4/21/2013 2:48:39 AM
yes it's a failure but a nice good failure. a failure with a heart !
---
ice cream in my ears in my ears is ice scream in your ears is other things in my ears is ice stream
#144Number_0nePosted 4/21/2013 4:19:52 AM
Lefty128k posted...
The casuals are all busy with real tablets and smartphones now. Wii U won't see the same kind of sales Wii enjoyed from them.

First of all, you are comparing a console to a tablet or smartphone. They are 2 different things. The fact that the Wii U has a tablet controller does not make it a tablet.

Secondly, the 3DS is doing horribly because of tablets, right?
---
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
#145Lefty128kPosted 4/21/2013 4:50:31 AM
Number_0ne posted...
Lefty128k posted...

First of all, you are comparing a console to a tablet or smartphone. They are 2 different things. The fact that the Wii U has a tablet controller does not make it a tablet.

Secondly, the 3DS is doing horribly because of tablets, right?

I wasn't comparing consoles and tablets, I was stating that casuals are done with consoles and are now sticking with their touch devices.

Yup, that's why I implied the Wii U tablet is not a real tablet. Thanks for repeating me.

Wii U doing so bad you have to bring up 3DS in a Wii U topic, right?
#146icarus231Posted 4/21/2013 5:41:13 AM
KaiKun91 posted...
Still Have yet to see how PS4/Xbox 720 does but it look like next gen, WiiU will be in 3rd aka last place.

How is that? Wii was the least powerful yet one 7th gen.
#147icarus231Posted 4/21/2013 5:46:17 AM
Lefty128k posted...

You and your usually casual comment. Hate to tell you no system can survive on hardcore gamers.
#148LinetrixPosted 4/21/2013 5:49:24 AM
icarus231 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

You and your usually casual comment. Hate to tell you no system can survive on hardcore gamers.

How cute. This one doesn't know what a casual is. Hint: casuals usually only buy a single game in their entire life. See how wrong you are?

=D
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#149icarus231Posted 4/21/2013 5:58:28 AM
Linetrix posted...
icarus231 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

How cute. This one doesn't know what a casual is. Hint: casuals usually only buy a single game in their entire life. See how wrong you are?

=D

Well if that was what the definition of what a casual is ever argument on this forum would be wrong. Casuals buy games their lives just dont revolve around gaming but i wouldnt expect you to know very much.
#150sonicsonicPosted 4/21/2013 5:59:46 AM
Lefty128k posted...

Yes, I'm sure the 90 or so million that bought a PS3/360 are all super hardcore gamers.

PS1/2 won, cause of casuals.
Wii won cause of casuals.
DS won cause of casuals.
Gameboy won cause of Pokemon.

The majority of people who actually make these consoles sell are casuals. I know a handful of people who only own a COD game on their PS3/360's. I'd class them as being casual... whatever the word means...

If casuals are done with consoles, then consoles are done for.

Heck most people I know who have owned a PS have normally always stuck too this simple formula GTA, COD and GoW. Show these guys a game like Shadow of Colossus and they wouldn't touch it.