Do you consider the WiiU to be a "Next-Gen" System?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you consider the WiiU to be a "Next-Gen" System?
3 years ago#11
The word Next gen is thrown around a lot these days, it has pretty much lost it's meaning and has become a gimmick. The Wii U released after the Wii/PS3/360 and is more powerful, even if it isn't a massive jump. The actual system "feels" next gen since it's doing things previous generations have not.

But in a matter of speaking, yes I consider the Wii U next gen.
3 years ago#12
RedOrion posted...
The word Next gen is thrown around a lot these days, it has pretty much lost it's meaning and has become a gimmick. The Wii U released after the Wii/PS3/360 and is more powerful, even if it isn't a massive jump. The actual system "feels" next gen since it's doing things previous generations have not.

But in a matter of speaking, yes I consider the Wii U next gen.

I see what you mean, and i agree about the feel of the system. I just worry that when people look back on the system, it will be in a position similar to the Dreamcast, kind of stuck between generations.
"Well maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again. I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, dont think so."
3 years ago#13
Depends how you define "next-gen" as its tossed about so loosely these days. Since its a new console that came out years after the so-called "last-gen" systems and is more powerful than they are (even if its not a huge leap) then yes, I see no way it is not the start of the next generation of gaming consoles. Kind of a no brainer really.
3 years ago#14
I don't no.
3 years ago#15
Next gen? The consumer models have been available for about 6 months now. That makes it current gen Nintendo and current gen console tech.

In fall/winter it will still be current gen Nintendo tech but it will become last gen console tech after Sony and Microsoft's new consoles are released to consumers.
3 years ago#16
Just to clarify i dont consider it next gen. We can argue the semantics of what next gen is but you know what i mean when i say next gen.
"Well maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again. I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, dont think so."
3 years ago#17
Uhh...doesn't really matter what people consider the Wii U to be, it is an eighth generation gaming system along with PS4 and 720.
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
3 years ago#18
horror_spooky posted...
Uhh...doesn't really matter what people consider the Wii U to be, it is an eighth generation gaming system along with PS4 and 720.

Im talking in terms of power, dreamcast came out in the same gen as ps1 and n64 technically.
3 years ago#19
It's an 8th Gen console, so yes, it is next gen.
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
3 years ago#20
gecko_man2 posted...
Just to clarify i dont consider it next gen. We can argue the semantics of what next gen is but you know what i mean when i say next gen.

Are you serious? Oh my god, I think my life is now changed forever.
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you consider the WiiU to be a "Next-Gen" System?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived