Do you consider the WiiU to be a "Next-Gen" System?

#31arvilinoPosted 4/20/2013 3:15:37 PM(edited)
gecko_man2 posted...
horror_spooky posted...
Uhh...doesn't really matter what people consider the Wii U to be, it is an eighth generation gaming system along with PS4 and 720.

Im talking in terms of power, dreamcast came out in the same gen as ps1 and n64 technically.

I thought the Dreamcast was pretty comparable to the PS2 excluding the lack of dvd playability. Do you now consider the PS2 suddenly the same gen as the PS1 and N64 or between them and the GC and XBOX generation along with the Dreamcast?
#32horror_spookyPosted 4/20/2013 3:15:38 PM
Dreamcast is sixth gen, as it succeeds Saturn

How is this so hard for people to grasp? O_O
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#33Hawke0Posted 4/20/2013 3:16:57 PM
horror_spooky posted...
Uhh...doesn't really matter what people consider the Wii U to be, it is an eighth generation gaming system along with PS4 and 720.

This
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
#34gecko_man2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 3:18:50 PM
Hawke0 posted...
horror_spooky posted...

This misses the point.

Finished it for ya.
---
"Well maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again. I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, dont think so."
#35gecko_man2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 3:19:46 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
gecko_man2 posted...
gecko_man2 posted...
Just to clarify i dont consider it next gen. We can argue the semantics of what next gen is but you know what i mean when i say next gen.

Are you serious? Oh my god, I think my life is now changed forever.

Oh he's being sarcastic, how cute.

I know, right? He's adorable.

Bahh!?!?! How personalities you got living in there?
---
"Well maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again. I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, dont think so."
#36HungoverHero777Posted 4/20/2013 3:23:06 PM(edited)
But in all seriousness, no. Wii U is current gen now that it's out. "Next-gen" systems now include PS5, XBox 4, and Nintendo's next console.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#37GLDanzegoPosted 4/20/2013 3:21:20 PM
gecko_man2 posted...
horror_spooky posted...

Im talking in terms of power, dreamcast came out in the same gen as ps1 and n64 technically.

Power isn't what defines "generation".

Which brings us to the Dreamcast. It wasn't the same generation as the PS1 and the N64. The Saturn, which you seem to have forgotten about, was part of that generation. The Dreamcast just happened to come a year before the PS2. That's the system that Sega was trying to head off at the pass, so to speak.
#38HungoverHero777Posted 4/20/2013 3:22:17 PM
gecko_man2 posted...
gecko_man2 posted...
gecko_man2 posted...
Just to clarify i dont consider it next gen. We can argue the semantics of what next gen is but you know what i mean when i say next gen.

Are you serious? Oh my god, I think my life is now changed forever.

Oh he's being sarcastic, how cute.

I know, right? He's adorable.

Bahh!?!?! How personalities you got living in there?

I think he has 1.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#39gecko_man2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 3:24:03 PM
Which one am i talking to now? Tyler Durden? Or the Narrator?
---
#40HungoverHero777Posted 4/20/2013 3:24:46 PM
gecko_man2 posted...
Which one am i talking to now? Tyler Durden? Or the Narrator?

Which what?
---