I wonder, why does Nintendo usually wait a Generation to add in things that...

#1YamiYugi4400Posted 4/20/2013 4:31:25 PM
Previous competing consoles have?

With the Wii they focused more on the Waggle Gimmick and skimped on the hardware. Which didn't help them with 3rd party games.

Look at the Wii. With the Wii they had their insanely crappy friend code system. While the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Ps3 all had Usernames. Instead of having an easy Username the Wii made use of the 12 Digit Friend Codes. They even went so far as to use Friend Codes on their DS games. When the 3DS was announced you thought Nintendo learned their lessons but nope, they still went with the crappy Friend Code system.

When the Wii U was announced they finally fixed some issues from their previous consoles.handhelds.

- While they did add in a gimmick in the Gamepad screen, they did pretty well with the better hardware.

- They let you pick actually usernames.

- Each game having it's own little Miiverse forum is pretty cool. Too bad the mods on their mod you if you fart too loudly.

- They added in a somewhat decent amount of space that you can use so now the Eshop can have actual demo's of real games instead of just Wiiware crap demo's.

- They went Ps3 with the gamepad so now you can charge the Gamepad instead of having to switch out batteries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though even with their console advancements they still made some mistakes.

- Purchases are tied to the console, instead of the Username. So you have to have them transfer your username by calling them or something.

- No universal trophy/achievement system. People love these.

- The forced 1 GB update for the Wii U so you can play Wii games. A listed feature of the Wii U. Especially forcing people to download the Day 1 update if they wanted to actually go online with their Wii U. Which caused many an annoyance with everyone updating at the same time.

- So far it looks like a lot of their current Wii U VC selections will be limited to a lot of the games that are on the Wii Virtual Console.

The funny thing is, you can pretty much bet on the mistakes i listed being fixed on their next console.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#2squatch22Posted 4/20/2013 4:34:00 PM
Why did Sony wait TWO gens to focus on POWEEERRRR that seems to be so important these days?
Why did Sony wait TWO gens to have downloadable games? Nintendo had that with the SNES...
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#3The_King82Posted 4/20/2013 4:36:02 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
The funny thing is, you can pretty much bet on the mistakes i listed being fixed on their next console.

That's if they will even make another one.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#4YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 4:36:21 PM
squatch22 posted...
Why did Sony wait TWO gens to focus on POWEEERRRR that seems to be so important these days?
Why did Sony wait TWO gens to have downloadable games? Nintendo had that with the SNES...

Erm, this topic is about Nintendo, not sony.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#5evosthunderPosted 4/20/2013 4:36:35 PM
Most people would say this would be because Nintendo does their own thing. I personally believe Nintendo is a generation behind because of the questionable decision to use carts on the N64.
---
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
#6squatch22Posted 4/20/2013 4:37:32 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
squatch22 posted...

YOU compared them to Sony in the very first post, hypocrite...
---
#7YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 4:37:37 PM
squatch22 posted...

to answer the questions, the ps2 had pretty good specs i think. PS3 was powerful. No clue about the ps1, but if the ps1 was weaker then the 64, it made up for it in the fact that it used CD's so it could store a lot.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#8YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 4:38:55 PM
squatch22 posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
squatch22 posted...

YOU compared them to Sony in the very first post, hypocrite...

Squatchy i'm not a hypocrite :) There i answered your post in my last post.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#9FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/20/2013 4:40:00 PM
lately nintendo seems to be beating to there own drum adding features when they deem they need to be added.
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#10squatch22Posted 4/20/2013 4:41:01 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
squatch22 posted...

to answer the questions, the ps2 had pretty good specs i think. PS3 was powerful. No clue about the ps1, but if the ps1 was weaker then the 64, it made up for it in the fact that it used CD's so it could store a lot.

PS2 was weaker than Cube and Xbox.
Answers first point. Now the second...
---