Is the earthbound game with lucas better than the original?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the earthbound game with lucas better than the original?
2 years ago#1
I played the first one with ness. Never got to finish it. Do people consider the game with lucas superior? Do i have to have had to play the first one to understand it?
2 years ago#2
actually earthbound is the second game in series the one with lucas is the 3rd and final game int he series and IMO is the best in the series in terms of story.
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
2 years ago#3
Yes, the 3rd one is much better. Mother 3's narrative is much more focused and satisfying, and the gameplay is slightly better with the rhythm thingie you do in battle for extra damage.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
2 years ago#4
Mother 3 is pretty great, one of the best GBA games in my opinion. I like it a bit more than Mother 2/Earthbound, though the only way I could play a translated version of it is through an emulator, and that kind of bums me out, as I would rather play a physical copy of it.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
2 years ago#5
Yeah I heard the Lucas story is the best one in the series
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
2 years ago#6
Mother 3 is my least favorite of the series.

But I'm also unorthodox in my preferences, so take it with a grain of salt.
2 years ago#7
Mother 3 is the best. It improves everything.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
2 years ago#8
Mother 3 has a way better story. It actually made me tear up a little. Games rarely do that to me but this one did. Let's just say Lucas has a rough time.
2 years ago#9
STN79 posted...
Mother 3 has a way better story. It actually made me tear up a little. Games rarely do that to me but this one did. Let's just say Lucas has a rough time.

Lucas...Lucas had a hard life.
2 years ago#10
I disagree. I personally like my protags as ones who want to save the world. Itoi's deconstruction of this with lucas and claus disappointed me as it does noting but promote the emo reluctant hero persona.

That does not mean i do not like mother 3, just that i like earthbound more.
---
This gen devs will bleed, but its ok, 8 gb ddr5 right?
PC + WiiU.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the earthbound game with lucas better than the original?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived