I am torn... should I buy it yet?

#11LePhenomPosted 4/20/2013 8:38:33 PM
Well, there will be enough good games to make it worth it before the end of the year, so you might as well save 25$ by buying it now if you don't mind waiting for great games.
#12xxbambamxx83Posted 4/20/2013 8:46:39 PM
Platinum_Luigi posted...
I definetly woulldn't but it yet. There's only one worthwhile exclusive out for the system right now imo. And it's looking like WiiU will have a huge game drought until Pikmin 3 finally comes out in August.

I'm really, really dissapointted by how horribly Nintendo has handled the WiiU. They are purposely making less 1st party games so they point more attention towards 3rd party developers. Nintendo clearly didn't have software ready for the WiiU. I would have waited to launch it around the Summer so the launch window would actually be decent and keep gamers interested.

Right now it feels like Nintendo is giving the 3ds wayyy too many games and almost neglecting the WiiU.

This. Don't buy it. Even Mario U was disappointing. I got my wii u at launch, played a few games, and then went 4 months without even turning it on since no decent games have been released. I finally turned on this waste of money a few days ago to download Punch Out for 30 cents.

Wait until a real exclusive comes out since it'll prob be in 2014. By then the console will be cheaper since it'll be competing with "real" consoles. Nintendo only cares about the 3ds.
#13emjay86Posted 4/20/2013 10:19:19 PM
I was considering buying one this week. It'll have games out eventually. What difference does it make if I buy it now or later? The 3ds didn't have crap for games either at first. I got that at launch.
#14LePhenomPosted 4/21/2013 11:12:36 AM
^ this
#15Heroicmedic92Posted 4/21/2013 11:20:31 AM
emjay86 posted...
I was considering buying one this week. It'll have games out eventually. What difference does it make if I buy it now or later? The 3ds didn't have crap for games either at first. I got that at launch.

Price might go down when the big games come out.

i'd wait till games you want come out.
---
PSN: Heroicmoises, alt: ImNotHeroicM
Done with Sly. Maybe... Sly/Kratos?
#16deathslovePosted 4/21/2013 11:32:12 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
No you shouldn't. You're welcome.
#17Great_Pudding_3Posted 4/21/2013 11:37:57 AM(edited)
Nah, not yet. Wait for a better deal. If you can get the basic set for $50 off, go for it.

Heroicmedic92 posted...
emjay86 posted...

For many people who own a 3ds, whether they waited or not was a matter of $80.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#18elbarto1Posted 4/21/2013 11:39:14 AM
I bought when target offered $50 GC and buy 2 get 1 free games. So I got $100 off a deluxe and 3 games.

I'd wait. $25 gc is not a great deal.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#19Heroicmedic92Posted 4/21/2013 11:42:38 AM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
Nah, not yet. Wait for a better deal. If you can get the basic set for $50 off, go for it.

Heroicmedic92 posted...
emjay86 posted...

For many people who own a 3ds, whether they waited or not was a matter of $80.

They might also release some sort of bundle also.

The only thing that worth it on that list is monster hunter. That game also doesn't appeal to everyone. I'm pretty sure 80% are on other consoles.

Wii u cant handle basic stuff such as backing up your save. It's sad really.
---
#20Heroicmedic92Posted 4/21/2013 11:44:52 AM
I honestly think the Wii u is amazing. But right now it's not worth spending $ for. Especially when it can't handle basic finctions.
---