Please no angry responses, but how is the Wii U going to sell better after PS4?

#11ShadowSkill11Posted 4/20/2013 9:28:13 PM
It's not. 2014 and on will be the age of PS4, 720, PC supremacy. Maybe next time Nintendo won't release an old console.
#12sjc1279Posted 4/20/2013 9:34:21 PM
How is ps4 going to sell? PS3 will be like half price of ps4 and it has so much more games than PS4. I only see hardcore gamers buy ps4 this year. PS4 need to beat ps3, not wii u.
#13biggy204Posted 4/20/2013 9:37:41 PM
sjc1279 posted...
How is ps4 going to sell? PS3 will be like half price of ps4 and it has so much more games than PS4. I only see hardcore gamers buy ps4 this year. PS4 need to beat ps3, not wii u.

^This and no Backwards Compatibility with at least the PS3.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#14ShadowSkill11Posted 4/20/2013 9:40:41 PM
biggy204 posted...
sjc1279 posted...

The BC thing only really matters to little kids who need to pawn their PS3s at GameStop to afford PS4s with their birthday or Christmas money.
#15BuretsuPosted 4/20/2013 9:43:57 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
biggy204 posted...
sjc1279 posted...

The BC thing only really matters to little kids who need to pawn their PS3s at GameStop to afford PS4s with their birthday or Christmas money.

Or people who don't want to have their PS3's sitting around, cluttering things up.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#16AkaneJonesPosted 4/20/2013 9:44:28 PM
Garfield64 posted...
I mean I can only imagine it selling worse after PS4. Launch game line up for PS4 is larger then what Wii U has had coming out its first year.

Killzone, the only game claimed to be launch, is bigger than New Super Mario Bros.? The sales figure say other wise. In fact everyone who owned Xbox360 made fun of Sony fans taunting Killzone as a Halo killer over the last generation. Killzone isn't as big as Sony fans want to think it is.

Plus with decisions to reduce the roster size in smash brothers in favor of balance. Just it seems like Nintendo is doing everything wrong.

You are miss informed. You heard a rumor spread around the Internet based on miss information formulated from Sakurai's blog posts. He was saying how they wouldn't dump a million and two new third party characters just because of fanboys. He later said he likes making new move sets for characters, and the the previous post didn't mean no new characters. There is also no information about removal of characters from Brawl, one way of the other.

Mario Kart 7 has a smaller roster but that has no bearing on Smash. Infact it doesn't have any bearing on Mario Kart WiiU. It's quite clear that fans didn't take to kindly to the smaller roster in it, since no Waluigi is the first complain since it was known.

TO make matters worse this new promotion talking about how great Earth Bound is and that it's amazing Nintendo is giving it to its fans.
Shouldn't they have given this to us like 15 years ago? I think fans should be pissed instead of praising Nintendo for it.

They did that's when Earthbound released original. We didn't get Earthbound 64 10 years ago, because they canceled the game. N64 was on it's way out, DD failed, and due to the teams poor ability to handle 3D for went a Gamecube version. When the project picked back up it was GBA and the system was dead around the time it would have released.. We can question why the didn't release the two cart GBA pack, but it's moot. Also Nintendo hadn't released in on Wii VC so everything was nothing but speculation.
#17biggy204Posted 4/20/2013 9:48:23 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
biggy204 posted...
sjc1279 posted...

Not really, what about those who are willing to wait for the PS4 and dont have a PS3 but still want to get some PS3 games. Especially at this time of the year where its not really worth it to buy a PS3 when you hear that the new PS4 is coming out. Basically for late PS3 adopters, and since there is no BC, PS3's will continue to sell well into the PS4's life unless their launch schedule is alot better then how Sony treated the Vita.
---
#18ShadowSkill11Posted 4/20/2013 9:51:10 PM
Buretsu posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
biggy204 posted...
sjc1279 posted...

Or people who don't want to have their PS3's sitting around, cluttering things up.

Then you should have no problems with the PS4 Gaikai BC solution if having a console "clutter" up your entertainment center is such a big deal for you.
#19biggy204Posted 4/20/2013 10:07:01 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Buretsu posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
biggy204 posted...
sjc1279 posted...

Then you should have no problems with the PS4 Gaikai BC solution if having a console "clutter" up your entertainment center is such a big deal for you.

I wonder how that would work, say you have lets say GOW:A on your PS3, then you purchased a PS4. Umm its like the Vita were you need to keep your PSP handy if you already own physical copies of a certain game and not rebuy it for the sake of playing it on the new console.

But like I said I dont know how that "Gaikai BC" is going to operate.
---
#20megax11Posted 4/20/2013 10:24:07 PM
Garfield64 posted...
I mean I can only imagine it selling worse after PS4. Launch game line up for PS4 is larger then what Wii U has had coming out its first year.

I feel Nintendo rushed Wii U out the door unprepared and it's going to get a bad reputation no matter how good a system it is. Plus with decisions to reduce the roster size in smash brothers in favor of balance. Just it seems like Nintendo is doing everything wrong.

TO make matters worse this new promotion talking about how great Earth Bound is and that it's amazing Nintendo is giving it to its fans.
Shouldn't they have given this to us like 15 years ago? I think fans should be pissed instead of praising Nintendo for it.

PS. IF ANYONE LOVES Gauntlet Legends YOU MUST BUY Skylanders for Wii U!

Just get the starter pack on sale for $30 and 5 toys from toysrus on sale (with elements fire, machine, water, earth, magic). total cost will be about $70 for full game and all 8 elements. Anyways if you have a Wii U and loved Gauntlet Legends you'll be VERY HAPPY you did this ^_^.

And you know of the PS4's launch lineup, how? It's gaurenteed, right? Like Rayman Legends was gaurenteed to launch on day 1 for Wii U?

No one knows what's coming on 720 and PS4 on day 1.

To answer your question, I will answer with a question.

How did the Wii sell better than PS3/360? I imagine the same thing will happen again.

1: Cheaper price.
2: Better quality and highly imaginative exclusives.
3: Broad range of genres, including casual titles for older non gamers.
4: 1 year headstart on the competition, so when the competition comes out and has a slow start, developers will get games out on Wii U to cut their losses a bit while the other systems get more mainstream.

As for Skylanders. I am the god of Skylanders (my collection speaks for itself), so no need to tell me how awesome of a franchise it is. :)
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178