Please no angry responses, but how is the Wii U going to sell better after PS4?

#171TannerPLGPosted 4/21/2013 6:58:44 PM
not really sure why anyone other than the devs and pubs really gives a **** about which does better. I dont have a wii u yet, but all i know is that while the power hungry sony fanboys are busy sitting there looking at a pretty wall or some water on the ps4, ill be having a blast with my wii u when zelda, smash bros and new 3d mario come out.

i really would buy a ps4... but only if i actually see or hear about ANYTHING thats truly interesting, which flashy graphics and power alone, arent.
#172sjc1279Posted 4/21/2013 8:09:35 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
I don't see the PS4 having a worthwhile exclusive game until late in 2014 if we're lucky. The majority of the PS4's launch library will be made up of current gen ports like Evil Within, Watch_Dogs, AC4, etc., just like how the WiiU's main launch titles were current gen ports. However, this strategy works for Sony by having two systems out in the market that one can buy to enjoy games. People can buy the much cheaper PS3 to just play current gen games or buy a PS4 to play the end of the current gen + next gen games.

Very true, there's not much coming out at launch. I can play most of ps4 games on my ps3. This is like getting gaming pc to play same game you can play on your ps3 just for upgraded graphics.
#173sjc1279Posted 4/21/2013 8:19:24 PM
Arn544 posted...
sonicsonic posted...
Arn544 posted...
Ps4 can do the same tablet controller thing the Wii U can do but with better graphics.

And count on the ps4 only costing 399$, they'll have to give the Wii U a big price cut to compete.

Too do the same thing as the WiiU you'd have too spend an extra 200 for a Vita... lmao.

The controller has a screen too, also we don't know what kind of bundles will be offered.

They could do a vita/ps4 bundle for 500$, Sony also manufactures tablets so you'll be able to use an actual tablet with it instead of the vita eventually.

Sony sell vita for $250. You expect sony to give you ps4 for $250 if you buy it with vita?
#174Oni_TaedoPosted 4/21/2013 8:23:17 PM
excitebike64 posted...
Sony will be too busy selling PS3 with Gran Turismo 6 to bother supporting PS4 fully until 2015. Simple as that.

Now it's a matter of what Microsoft is doing.

Microsoft is the "Yamcha" of the big three, no one cares what they're doing.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#175StrongBlackVinePosted 4/21/2013 8:27:16 PM
sjc1279 posted...
Arn544 posted...
sonicsonic posted...
Arn544 posted...
Ps4 can do the same tablet controller thing the Wii U can do but with better graphics.

And count on the ps4 only costing 399$, they'll have to give the Wii U a big price cut to compete.

Too do the same thing as the WiiU you'd have too spend an extra 200 for a Vita... lmao.

The controller has a screen too, also we don't know what kind of bundles will be offered.

They could do a vita/ps4 bundle for 500$, Sony also manufactures tablets so you'll be able to use an actual tablet with it instead of the vita eventually.

Sony sell vita for $250. You expect sony to give you ps4 for $250 if you buy it with vita?

I expect a Vita price drop by the holidays, but there will be no PS4/Vita bundle for less than $600.
#176lightningbugxPosted 4/21/2013 9:00:54 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
lightningbugx posted...
brainlack posted...
from what i see a ps4 is midrange and price as 500 is a steal while low end wii u is far more costly than a low end pc a wii is a beefed up wii and they added a 3ds as controller

PS4 is equipped with an 8 core CPU designed for netbooks. The only thing midgrade in it is the GPU.

The GPU is between a 7850 and a 7950. That is only one step below AMD's most powerful card the 7970 at the moment. Of course later this year newer cards will be available.

The GPU is mobility grade, but what Sony says is its performance power is closer to the HD 7850 (1.76 TFLOPS), no where near the 7950 (2.88 TFLOPS). But this is Sony who prefers to doctor the numbers, so the 1.84 TFLOPS the PS4 GPU is slated to perform may not be obtainable. Nvidia's comments on the PS4 GPU places it weaker than the HD7850. I would trust Nvidia's statement on the PS4 more than Sony.
#177AkaneJonesPosted 4/21/2013 9:43:27 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Sony will be too busy selling PS3 with Gran Turismo 6 to bother supporting PS4 fully until 2015. Simple as that.

Wait so that means Nintendo is "Goku" and Sony is "Krillin"? No wait Sega would be "Krillin", that means Sony is "Piccolo".
#178AmakusaPosted 4/22/2013 1:40:33 AM
NamcoMuseum2 posted...
The Wii U will be outsold by both the PS4 and PS3 this holiday season.

The PS3, maybe, but not the PS4. The PS4 will be lucky to beat the PS3.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#179Zero280Posted 4/22/2013 1:50:23 AM
AkaneJones posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
excitebike64 posted...

Wait so that means Nintendo is "Goku" and Sony is "Krillin"? No wait Sega would be "Krillin", that means Sony is "Piccolo".

or maybe Sony could be "Vegeta"
---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
#180darkjedilinkPosted 4/22/2013 3:32:46 AM
ZackAngeal01 posted...
personally, anyone who bought or is planning to buy a wiiu made a poor decision; had you bought a playstation vita, and then buy a ps4 this holiday season, you would have a much more capable " dual screen" system then what nintendo currently offers and you get a fully functioning second device that is portable and doesn't require the main system to be on. on top of that, sony is planning for an extensive " streaming service" potentially allowing for a person to play any game ever released on a playstation device, now rumors currently state that this would be a playstation plus exclusive, but some people believe it would come standard without a subscription. so, i think to those who decide to research what they are buying will make the stretch to buy the ps4

Considering the actual dual-screen functionality between the Vita and PS4, it's actually LESS capable as a dual-screen system. It cannot do half of the things that the Wii U can do, and the Wii U is a de-facto dual-screen system. While the 4Vita combo will certainly do OTHER things, and many things the Wii U cannot, it cannot do a lot of the things a dual-screen system should do.

On top of that, you're talking about spending $300+ more than the Wii U, to do less.

Finally, you have a lot of "planning" and "rumors" to support your argument, which actually has nothing to do with your argument.

It actually looks like you're trying to rationalize your Sony fanboyism for more than you're trying to make an argument.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie