please tell me people arent considering getting a Wii U for earthbound -_-

#11LvthnPosted 4/20/2013 11:57:52 PM
mahgah91 posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Baha05 posted...
What's the problem now?

It's plain stupid and twice as expensive as the original?

Actually it's cheaper than buying a hard copy of Earthbound.

Are you insane? I realize EarthBound carts have gotten expensive, but buying a Wii U is most assuredly more expensive than buying an EarthBound cart, by a pretty large margin.

Now if it were on the Wii VC, then yeah...would be cheaper to buy a Wii, classic controller, and download than the cart.
#12ElectricMolePosted 4/20/2013 11:59:55 PM
I sold my cartridge long long ago. So if I didnt already have a wii u, i'd buy one ot replay it with the hope that Mother 3 made it to virtual console too. and a true sequel!
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#13DTY3Posted 4/21/2013 12:03:32 AM
You know, no one game makes the decision.

Earthbound is just sealing the deal and making people who would already buy one buy one faster.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#14mahgah91Posted 4/21/2013 12:21:10 AM
Lvthn posted...
mahgah91 posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Baha05 posted...
What's the problem now?

It's plain stupid and twice as expensive as the original?

Actually it's cheaper than buying a hard copy of Earthbound.

Are you insane? I realize EarthBound carts have gotten expensive, but buying a Wii U is most assuredly more expensive than buying an EarthBound cart, by a pretty large margin.

Now if it were on the Wii VC, then yeah...would be cheaper to buy a Wii, classic controller, and download than the cart.

Sorry, I've been looking at complete copies of Earthbound with box/manual/guide. Cart alone is still half the price of a 32 GB Wii U. Honestly, unless you collect games, Wii U is the best option right now for legitimately playing Earthbound.
#15ChrisObamaPosted 4/21/2013 12:27:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16DynheartPosted 4/21/2013 12:33:42 AM(edited)
No no no.

It depends on how you collect. If you do it properly, as in box and manual? You're looking at 500 bucks minimum...and that's if the seller is being nice.

The cartridge only? Is about 100-300...depending on the seller. I've seen it sell for almost 400 once (crazy bidding auction).

Either way? Dumb prices.
---
Currently playing: Wario Land: Shake It! Mighty Switch Force
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash_wwRQFno
#17LvthnPosted 4/21/2013 12:39:44 AM
mahgah91 posted...

Sorry, I've been looking at complete copies of Earthbound with box/manual/guide. Cart alone is still half the price of a 32 GB Wii U. Honestly, unless you collect games, Wii U is the best option right now for legitimately playing Earthbound.

I don't think I've seen any information regarding this but it raises one interesting question. Will the VC release include a full scan of the guide that came packaged with the game? It was a pretty big deal and much more than a players guide.

If you already own a Wii U, then no doubt about it, VC is the way to go. If you were going to buy one anyway...this is icing on the cake. And yeah, it's the most expensive non-competition SNES cart on the market right now. But it's still half the price for a cart.

...plus, emus are a thing. I'd guess that nearly everyone in the EB fan community emulates the game, including people who own the cart.
#18CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/21/2013 12:44:13 AM
Are you sure you're old enough to be on here TC?

You're acting really... Um.. Kiddish.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#19StarBladeEdgePosted 4/21/2013 1:09:06 AM(edited)
get a job if you are bored tc

---
ice cream in my ears in my ears is ice scream in your ears is other things in my ears is ice stream
#20mahgah91Posted 4/21/2013 1:13:38 AM
Lvthn posted...
mahgah91 posted...

I don't think I've seen any information regarding this but it raises one interesting question. Will the VC release include a full scan of the guide that came packaged with the game? It was a pretty big deal and much more than a players guide.

Probably not, they haven't included the actual classic manuals for any VC game, which would've been really good if they had scanned the original manuals.