Is it too much to ask to want Nintendo's eShop to be similar to Steam?

#1Banjo2553Posted 4/21/2013 10:47:44 AM
Just update Miiverse so that you can have better access to your friends and allow for larger messages, and on the eShop make sales a regular thing, including first-party titles. They don't necessarily have to do bundles of games though. Just something to give it a leg up from the current PSN and XBL services.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#2nintendo3000Posted 4/21/2013 10:50:30 AM
What Nintendo needs is a real account system.
---
Metroid Prime 4 needs to happen!!!
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#3KaiRyusakiPosted 4/21/2013 10:52:23 AM
Why did the topic title mention eShop

then you go to talk about Miiverse?
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 4/21/2013 10:54:25 AM
nintendo3000 posted...
What Nintendo needs is a real account system.

They are trying to implement one. They will probably have it at least ready to test when they put Miiverse on 3DS and phones.

Miiverse gets updated like every two weeks. So eventually it'll do a lot more.

If they had too many sales some say it would under cut retail stores. And considering a huge amount still buy retail, you don't want retail mad at you.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#5Baha05Posted 4/21/2013 11:02:24 AM
1. All Message system on every console sucks
2. Not everyone does the Steam Sales
3. All other things can be fixed over time
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6Banjo2553(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:03:24 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...
Why did the topic title mention eShop

then you go to talk about Miiverse?

Because I want easier communication with other people. And then I mention the eShop later on in my post.
---
#7Faceman_Posted 4/21/2013 11:21:31 AM
I'm content with Nintendo's eshop set up. The only time that the ps3 set up ever does anything for me is when a friend asks me to let him download dlc I've bought...
#81shadetail1Posted 4/21/2013 11:30:36 AM(edited)
It's not too much to ask, no. But Steam isn't the end-all-be-all of digital game sales. Steam isn't merely a platform, it's an entire business specifically dedicated to digital downloads. Nintendo is not; it sells games as physical media in addition to its eShop. For that reason alone, the eShop can't work exactly the same way as Steam.

ETA: I see WiiPlayer111 got there first. Yes, sales on the eShop would undercut physical retail, and that would be a mistake for a business like Nintendo.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#9ADHDguitarPosted 4/21/2013 11:37:20 AM
Yes.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#10Banjo2553(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:47:34 AM
Hm, in that case I see why I'm mostly only seeing sales on digital-only games on the eShop. Having digital sales on retail games can undercut physical sales, I didn't think about that.
---