Is it too much to ask to want Nintendo's eShop to be similar to Steam?

#11DTY3Posted 4/21/2013 11:53:43 AM
I thought eShop sales WERE a regular thing.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#12chuchumyrocketPosted 4/21/2013 12:01:11 PM
DTY3 posted...

Have you ever used steam? At any given time there are like 10 games on sale.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."
#13biggy204Posted 4/21/2013 12:03:18 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
nintendo3000 posted...
What Nintendo needs is a real account system.

They are trying to implement one. They will probably have it at least ready to test when they put Miiverse on 3DS and phones.

Miiverse gets updated like every two weeks. So eventually it'll do a lot more.

If they had too many sales some say it would under cut retail stores. And considering a huge amount still buy retail, you don't want retail mad at you.

Yes, but when was the last time we actually heard about the Miiverse on the 3DS. It was since the Wii U reveal and launch, then after that no new news about it (well at least that I know of).
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#14Banjo2553(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:09:32 PM
DTY3 posted...

It's at a much smaller scale here, but that's probably for a good reason. (Not many digital-only titles at this point, and putting digital sales on retail games would hurt physical sales.)
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#15P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/21/2013 12:10:21 PM
biggy204 posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
nintendo3000 posted...
What Nintendo needs is a real account system.

They are trying to implement one. They will probably have it at least ready to test when they put Miiverse on 3DS and phones.

Miiverse gets updated like every two weeks. So eventually it'll do a lot more.

If they had too many sales some say it would under cut retail stores. And considering a huge amount still buy retail, you don't want retail mad at you.

Yes, but when was the last time we actually heard about the Miiverse on the 3DS. It was since the Wii U reveal and launch, then after that no new news about it (well at least that I know of).

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/03/28/miiverse-arriving-on-phones-and-browsers-by-may/
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U
#16ShadowSkill11Posted 4/21/2013 12:36:50 PM
They would need to scrap their entire online and accounting strategy. It's not going to happen since they have a cobbled together patchwork making up the current system.
#17lizard81288Posted 4/21/2013 12:43:08 PM
If only, All 3 could learn a thing or two from Valve. Daily Sales, Midweek Madness, Free Weekend, Adverting new games, popular games, coming soon, Summer Sale, Winter Sale, Chat, Community, Profile (in Nintendo's Case), Pre-ordering, Screenshots, Trading, Promo Coupons, ect, ect. For all the crap Steam gets, they sure do alot of things right.
---
I hate people in general.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/NPC/index/