Metroid Prime: Hunters 2 for Wii U?

#11habsalltheway33Posted 4/21/2013 6:59:46 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Nordini posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Meh. I was severely unimpressed with Hunters. It wasn't bad, but meh. Still, more games isn't a bad thing, so might as well.

Even the multiplayer?

I severely dislike online multiplayer in general. I also severely dislike FPS games in general. The Hunters multiplayer is both of those things.

Well, if you "severely dislike FPS games" and the whole shebang...why are you offering judgement on how the game played? It seems like there is a bias there right from the start. It's like me playing a grinding MMO when I hate those types of games and then concluding with "Not impressive".
#12habsalltheway33Posted 4/21/2013 7:01:54 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Hunters 2 should be for the 3DS, with MP4 being on the WiiU. Both would focus primarily on single player, but MP4 woulc focus on it a lot more. While Hunters 2 would have a hefty multiplayer focus. Both would have a purely optional multiplayer function, which would allow players to play against each other, not just online, but people playing Hunters 2 would be able to play with or against people playing MP4.

That would be great. Very similar to a rumor that was ongoing at an earlier time. Also very similar to how Super Smash Bros. is going to work. Hmmm....
#13Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 7:07:28 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Nordini posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Meh. I was severely unimpressed with Hunters. It wasn't bad, but meh. Still, more games isn't a bad thing, so might as well.

Even the multiplayer?

I severely dislike online multiplayer in general. I also severely dislike FPS games in general. The Hunters multiplayer is both of those things.

So you hate all the metroid prime games......they are all FPS...
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#14Oni_TaedoPosted 4/21/2013 7:15:42 PM
habsalltheway33 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Hunters 2 should be for the 3DS, with MP4 being on the WiiU. Both would focus primarily on single player, but MP4 woulc focus on it a lot more. While Hunters 2 would have a hefty multiplayer focus. Both would have a purely optional multiplayer function, which would allow players to play against each other, not just online, but people playing Hunters 2 would be able to play with or against people playing MP4.

That would be great. Very similar to a rumor that was ongoing at an earlier time. Also very similar to how Super Smash Bros. is going to work. Hmmm....

Another idea, is that Hunters 2 would lead into MP4. MP4 would feature a recap for those who didn't play Hunters 2, and Hunters 2 would feature a sneak peek at MP4. Hunters 2 would also be very vague. It wouldn't explain much. You would know the name of the planet you're on, and that's about it. MP4 would better explain the events of Hunters 2, and act sort of like a second episode to it, all the while, being it's own game. Meaning if you liked Hunters 2, and wanted the full story, you'd have to have a Wii U. Effectively increasing sales, giving the U a "must have" exclusive, a multiplayer shooter, an exciting narrative, and a first-party game, all in one fell swoop.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#15habsalltheway33Posted 4/21/2013 7:27:12 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

Another idea, is that Hunters 2 would lead into MP4. MP4 would feature a recap for those who didn't play Hunters 2, and Hunters 2 would feature a sneak peek at MP4. Hunters 2 would also be very vague. It wouldn't explain much. You would know the name of the planet you're on, and that's about it. MP4 would better explain the events of Hunters 2, and act sort of like a second episode to it, all the while, being it's own game. Meaning if you liked Hunters 2, and wanted the full story, you'd have to have a Wii U. Effectively increasing sales, giving the U a "must have" exclusive, a multiplayer shooter, an exciting narrative, and a first-party game, all in one fell swoop.

You should work at Nintendo! That would be interesting. Perhaps, Hunters 2 would escalate into something really serious and leave it as a cliffhanger? This would be a gold mine. Games on different systems with different stories that relate while offering enough differences to make it more than worthwhile to get both. Connectivity between both systems and games to allow new content in the multiplayer as well.
#16VideoGamer1990Posted 4/21/2013 7:28:27 PM
Would I like a Metroid Hunters? Certainly. Not neccessarily(help with spelling please) a Metroid Prime Hunters, but I'm fine with that as well.

What I'd like to see is a 2D Metroid Hunters game in a similar vein to Kirby & the Amazing Mirror/Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. Keeping all the exploring and secrets and allowing the player to choose multiple hunters with their own little unique features, as well as allowing people to co-op with each other or even clash with each other, like one player being Samus and another being SA-X.

Either way, it's certainly an idea I'd like to see whether it'd be Metroid or another series like Kid Icarus, since I'd like another game like Amazing Mirror.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 52
#171shadetail1Posted 4/21/2013 7:29:19 PM
Well, if you "severely dislike FPS games" and the whole shebang...why are you offering judgement on how the game played? It seems like there is a bias there right from the start. It's like me playing a grinding MMO when I hate those types of games and then concluding with "Not impressive".

I realize this is an arcane concept for some people, but believe it or not, being biased doesn't mean you aren't allowed to have an opinion. Furthermore, at least as far as Hunters is concerned, the single-player and multi-player parts are very different. I played through the single-player, and found it not bad at best.

=====

Nordini posted...

Except that you're wrong. As everybody knows, the Metroid Prime titles are adventure games, like Legend of Zelda done from the first-person perspective, rather than FPS games like Halo or Doom. And as far as that genre goes, Hunters was rather mediocre.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#18habsalltheway33Posted 4/21/2013 7:40:06 PM
1shadetail1 posted...

I realize this is an arcane concept for some people, but believe it or not, being biased doesn't mean you aren't allowed to have an opinion. Furthermore, at least as far as Hunters is concerned, the single-player and multi-player parts are very different. I played through the single-player, and found it not bad at best.

=====

Nordini posted...

Except that you're wrong. As everybody knows, the Metroid Prime titles are adventure games, like Legend of Zelda done from the first-person perspective, rather than FPS games like Halo or Doom. And as far as that genre goes, Hunters was rather mediocre.

Sorry for sounding somewhat harsh in my assessment there as well! You most definitely can have an opinion. Although, while judging a particular games merits or downfalls, there is quite a fine line between objective and subjective evaluation. I do understand what you are saying though.
#19Absolutezero93Posted 4/21/2013 7:43:01 PM
Please, no. The first one was the second worst game in the series (Other M being the first.....such a garbage game).
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#20NinjaluverPosted 4/21/2013 11:22:14 PM
Absolutezero93 posted...
Please, no. The first one was the second worst game in the series (Other M being the first.....such a garbage game).

Leave. Just leave.