I've been wondering...Why isn't the Zelda series called "The Legend of Link?"

#1Flamechamp2333Posted 4/21/2013 8:09:22 PM
Link is the main character and you control Link 100% of the time in all the games in the series. We don't even see the princess for 99% of the time as well.

If I had to make an analogy, it would be like instead of Super Mario Bros being called that, it would be called "Super Princess Bros."

See, doesn't really fit.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#2YamiYugi4400Posted 4/21/2013 8:10:14 PM
One of the zelda games for the CD-I starred zelda :D
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#3Banjo2553Posted 4/21/2013 8:10:48 PM
I guess it's just a name Miyamoto decided on so the game could sound magical. Also I guess he liked the name of Zelda so it had to be in the title.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#4TubulaPosted 4/21/2013 8:12:25 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
One of the zelda games for the CD-I starred zelda :D

Shhh doesn't exist
---
What is a Mega Man? A miserable little pile of circuits! But enough talk, have at you!
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 4/21/2013 8:12:50 PM
It is the Legend of Zelda. Its her legend. The game is like Cinderella and you are at the part where Prince Charming starts doing stuff. The story is still Cinderella. Or even how Tangled makes you think the girl is the main character but the guy is the focus.

Disney analogies.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#6S_FoxPosted 4/21/2013 8:13:12 PM
This topic....it has been done before
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Super Mario Galaxy
#7GoombaXPosted 4/21/2013 8:15:43 PM
S_Fox posted...
This topic....it has been done before

yea but i havent seen one in years
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#8Kong K RoolPosted 4/21/2013 8:45:40 PM
Well, it seemed to make sense for the first title, since Zelda was the one scattering triforce fragments, and sending Impa to find a hero, and being captured by Ganon, etc. She was pretty central. In the second game, where she was just sleeping literally the entire time, they DID name it after Link, yeah? But people must've gotten confused about what it was, so we're stuck with the original title. Forever.
---
.-='"*"'=-. .-='"*"'=-. .-='"*"'=-. .-='"*"'=-. .-='"*"'=-. .-='"*"'=-.
#9Banjo2553Posted 4/22/2013 12:09:01 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
It is the Legend of Zelda. Its her legend. The game is like Cinderella and you are at the part where Prince Charming starts doing stuff. The story is still Cinderella. Or even how Tangled makes you think the girl is the main character but the guy is the focus.

Disney analogies.

Also, it actually loops right around back to Zelda fully in Skyward Sword due to her role...quite ingenious I find.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#10abbyhitterPosted 4/22/2013 3:39:19 AM
Spoilers

Because Zelda is the goddess Hylia reborn in human form. Hylia/Zelda is the reason for the entire series. The story of Hylia/Zelda is a legend among the people of Hyrule.

Hylia rules over Hyrule.

Link is the just the pawn who fights in dungeons, beats bosses, and wields the Master Sword. There is no legend of Link in the stories.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!